Seating 15 for dinner?

chrisnatca

We're doing a family cruise in June, 2020 on the Vista.  On our previous cruises, we've seen some pretty large groups seated at one table, but I never bothered to actually count them.  Does anyone know if there's any way to accommodate 15 people as a group, or will they have to split us up?

15 is a lot, but I think some arrangements may be able to be made if you advise the Maitre D' when you board.  I've seen some rather large family groups dine together so I think it can be done if you give them a heads up.  I think there is usually 1 or 2 really large tables near the middle of the restaurants for those large parties.

I thought the largest I've seen were either 10 or 12 at a table.  You may be able to get 15 together if you go with a rectangular setup- tables for 2 or 4 pushed together.  Or, you may be happier with 2 tables for 8, so you can hear the people you want to talk to and switch who is at which table nightly 

We had 13 on the Vista and most nights they pushed tables together so we could all sit together.  The first Sea Day Dinner we ended up having two round tables next to each other because it was busier.  That is surf and turf night so more people are hitting the MDR that night.  

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:54 PM, chrisnatca said:

We're doing a family cruise in June, 2020 on the Vista.  On our previous cruises, we've seen some pretty large groups seated at one table, but I never bothered to actually count them.  Does anyone know if there's any way to accommodate 15 people as a group, or will they have to split us up?

We've had 11, 13 & 15 people. We normally get 2 tables (close to each other) because we don't like sitting on top of each other. Make sure if you are doing Anytime Dining (which we always do without any issues) that you have everyone's cabin number when checking in at the dining room- it makes it so much easier. 

1 hour ago, Buffalofirsttimer4 said:

We've had 11, 13 & 15 people. We normally get 2 tables (close to each other) because we don't like sitting on top of each other. Make sure if you are doing Anytime Dining (which we always do without any issues) that you have everyone's cabin number when checking in at the dining room- it makes it so much easier. 

Just curious - can you check in all of your rooms on the app together?  We have 14 in 4 rooms in March.

13 minutes ago, rukkian said:

Just curious - can you check in all of your rooms on the app together?  We have 14 in 4 rooms in March.

We haven't used the HUB app to check in yet....last time we cruised you couldn't. I've read that if you act like you don't have a phone -like go to the dining room without your phone out in your hand, they will check you in and you might get seated quicker. 

With a large group like that, I would prefer to sit at two eight-tops.  It makes for a more intimate dinner.  With 15 at the same table, you can't talk to everyone anyway.  It will be much easier to get two or three tables than one big one.

Edited by Kenster