Can I Purchase OBC?

RichYak

I’ve done this previously when the website exchange rate was more favourable than the local rate. On the last night of the cruise your friends can cash out whatever is left otherwise it goes back onto the credit card that was originally charged for the gift. 

very nice gesture btw!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

On the last night of the cruise your friends can cash out whatever is left otherwise it goes back onto the credit card that was originally charged for the gift. 

We've frequently purchased OBC and have cashed out any balance on the final night rather than have it go back on our credit card and losing money on the currency exchange. As the credit card used to purchase the OBC has always been the same credit card used for our onboard account, however, I knew exactly where it would go should I not take the balance in cash. But in the case of a gift, I wonder if it would go back on the purchaser's credit card or on the card used by the recipient for the onboard account. I suspect that the origin of any credits to the passenger's portfolio would be immaterial, and that any final balance, positive or negative, would simply be applied to the account holder's credit card.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

We've frequently purchased OBC and have cashed out any balance on the final night rather than have it go back on our credit card and losing money on the currency exchange. As the credit card used to purchase the OBC has always been the same credit card used for our onboard account, however, I knew exactly where it would go should I not take the balance in cash. But in the case of a gift, I wonder if it would go back on the purchaser's credit card or on the card used by the recipient for the onboard account. I suspect that the origin of any credits to the passenger's portfolio would be immaterial, and that any final balance, positive or negative, would simply be applied to the account holder's credit card.

You could be correct, I don’t have any experience with being gifted obc lol, guess the OP could phone Celebrity and find out.