Cabin location recommendation?

tkq

We are sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam for the first time on HAL. We have booked a cabin on deck 7. We have a choice of being in the front 3rd of the ship (7034) or the back 3rd of the ship (7081). Any recommendations on being towards the front or back?  Considering ship movement, location to amenities, etc.  really looking forward to sailing HAL. 

The Nieuw Amsterdam is a lovely ship.  You have made a good choice.  If it were me I would choose 7081 because it’s just a tiny bit further from the elevators and is in great proximity to the Lido deck and market.  Not that you will be bothered by the elevators as they aren’t noisy... it’s just a personal preference of mine.  Really, you can’t go wrong with either choice.  7034 is close to the Crows Nest and my morning coffee so I would be happy with that one too.  Have a wonderful cruise and welcome to HAL!

• Like 1

I have to agree w/ Miss G.  I'd pick 7081, but if you like specialty coffee, then 7034 is great  too.  The free coffee aboard is O.K., but we found ourselves getting a lot of coffee in the Crow's Nest.

Being on the Nieuw Amsterdam, we know that the Lido can be reached from either midship or aft elevators.  Terrace Grill, is nearer to midship elevator.  Not sure what slice is in the Retreat, but that's near the aft elevator.