Premium Plus Beverage Package

GettotheSun

On 11/16/2019 at 7:50 PM, GettotheSun said:

That's a great idea, bring a champagne cork!  Duh!   Thanks for that advice.

I do still wonder if I'm taking a bottle from the restaurant does that look really weird?  

Yes, this is the other reason for me thinking of upgrading is the water.  Both still and sparkling water, which seems to have some crazy price on board for some reason (and not included in the premium drink package or the kids drink package).

look weird???   you are on vacation who cares!!!

....following thread.

5 hours ago, CoffeeGoddess said:

Note that Veuve is no longer included by the bottle, it is now Moet, at least on Encore but probably across the board too.

No Veuve?  Oh the humanity!

I still haven’t decided on the Plus yet.  But, I’m leaning towards no.  I think I may just bring a couple of bottles of Veuve and pay the corkage fee.  And if that’s not enough, I did see they had a Prosecco on the room service menu, which would be a cheaper alternative to Champagne.  

I think being in the Haven we’ll get a bottle of $5 “Champagne” upon embarkation too.

6 hours ago, CoffeeGoddess said:

There's an Encore thread by Birdtravels right now going on that has the wine list in it. Anything $15 and under a glass is in the premium package and the wines that are marked with an * are included by the bottle in the Plus package.  Note that Veuve is no longer included by the bottle, it is now Moet, at least on Encore but probably across the board too.

I saw that,  but the menu from Ocean Blue has the * next to Veuve. And then the onboard flier advertising the PPB doesn’t have an * next to Veuve. Confusing! We had 5 bottles on the 11/2  sailing, they removed the charges for the first 3  then after day 3 the restaurants stopped charging us for them.

Love our Encore pins!

On 11/23/2019 at 6:05 AM, esm54687 said:

1: As of July 15, 2016, Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) passengers will be prohibited from bringing any beverages, including beer, liquor and non-alcoholic drinks like water, soda, juices, onboard as carry-on or checked luggage

You can still bring wine on you just have to pay the corkage fee.  This fee is also charged if you keep the wine in your stateroom or take carry away from your dinner or bar purchase.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7112

Has there been any variation in upcharge of the Prem Plus Pkg since it started?  I'm sailing in Feb. Should I buy it now?

When did it start?  I think it's $29/pp per day above the Dlx drink package?

Edited by benzygirl

It was mentioned on other posts that Veuve bottles were no longer available under the Premium Plus package on some recent cruises.  However someone noted  it seemed to be still available at Ocean Blue (I think was the restaurant).

If that were the case, I’m hoping if you were in the Haven and had the PPBP you could also get Veuve as part of the package at the Haven restaurant.  Can anyone confirm?

Also, anyone know the likelihood of getting a bottle or wine or champagne at the Haven bar under the package or would it only be the restaurant at dinner?

On 11/16/2019 at 5:04 PM, AlexandNessa said:

But, being aft Haven last year, I will tell you the 30oz Yeti was our best friend. We were close with both bartenders who would fill our Yetis with our drinks of choice so we could enjoy them on our balcony. 

Hi - I meant to ask you, which ship were you on and being aft Haven, which bar(s) did you go to most?  Sounds like some tipping and courtesy towards the bartenders and they will take care of you.

1 hour ago, GettotheSun said:

Hi - I meant to ask you, which ship were you on and being aft Haven, which bar(s) did you go to most?  Sounds like some tipping and courtesy towards the bartenders and they will take care of you.

We were on Breakaway, Deck 9, H6. 

We went to the Haven Bar the most. They gave us the best drinks. We'd have a few drinks there and then tell them we'd want to sit on our balcony. They'd stock hubby with 4 Coors Lites and make me a 30 oz Bloody Mary. Or whatever else we'd want. 

44 minutes ago, AlexandNessa said:

We were on Breakaway, Deck 9, H6. 

We went to the Haven Bar the most. They gave us the best drinks. We'd have a few drinks there and then tell them we'd want to sit on our balcony. They'd stock hubby with 4 Coors Lites and make me a 30 oz Bloody Mary. Or whatever else we'd want. 

We are on the Getaway, so same layout.  We will be Deck 14, H6. (I hope H2O isn't too loud, but I'm packing ear plugs, haha).

That's a good strategy!  And to be honest, I'd rather walk the entire length of the ship and burn calories than deal with huge lines at a bar.   Not sure if these lines are that long - but many posts on CC seem to indicate that on a big, full, ship - the bars are packed and slow to serve? 

Anyway,  I guess if we go to the Haven bar, and tell the bartender that we are in the aft, it makes sense to them that we don't want to trek back and forth that often.  I'm actually not that lazy, but I really don't like very crowded areas.  I deal with crowds and the rat race Monday through Friday, I don't want to deal with it on my vacation.

Edited by GettotheSun

1 hour ago, GettotheSun said:

We are on the Getaway, so same layout.  We will be Deck 14, H6. (I hope H2O isn't too loud, but I'm packing ear plugs, haha).

That's a good strategy!  And to be honest, I'd rather walk the entire length of the ship and burn calories than deal with huge lines at a bar.   Not sure if these lines are that long - but many posts on CC seem to indicate that on a big, full, ship - the bars are packed and slow to serve? 

Anyway,  I guess if we go to the Haven bar, and tell the bartender that we are in the aft, it makes sense to them that we don't want to trek back and forth that often.  I'm actually not that lazy, but I really don't like very crowded areas.  I deal with crowds and the rat race Monday through Friday, I don't want to deal with it on my vacation.

Totally get it. We book the Haven for the ship within a ship concept. We avoid crowds and enjoy quiet time. Hubby and I work alternating shifts so vacation is time is to reconnect. I just asked him tonight if he'd do the H6 again, being as far from the Haven, and he said, yes, the balcony was totally worth it. We always get close to the Haven bartenders and $how them our appreciation. 😍 We've never had an issue getting what we need. Enjoy your trip! 

29 minutes ago, AlexandNessa said:

Totally get it. We book the Haven for the ship within a ship concept. We avoid crowds and enjoy quiet time. Hubby and I work alternating shifts so vacation is time is to reconnect. I just asked him tonight if he'd do the H6 again, being as far from the Haven, and he said, yes, the balcony was totally worth it. We always get close to the Haven bartenders and $how them our appreciation. 😍 We've never had an issue getting what we need. Enjoy your trip! 

Glad to hear that.  We just booked  H6

9318 on the new Encore for this Feb.  We love aft 🙂 

Edited by benzygirl

1 hour ago, benzygirl said:

Glad to hear that.  We just booked  H6

9318 on the new Encore for this Feb.  We love aft 🙂 

I tortured myself over it, as we'd never been outside Haven proper. We had a colder cruise, so spent loads of time in the Haven, because it was covered. Our joke was we were packing our day bag for the trip. 😊  On our warm days, the bartenders knew we'd be spending them on our balcony so facilitated anything they could for us. 

Enjoy! 

20 minutes ago, AlexandNessa said:

I tortured myself over it, as we'd never been outside Haven proper. We had a colder cruise, so spent loads of time in the Haven, because it was covered. Our joke was we were packing our day bag for the trip. 😊  On our warm days, the bartenders knew we'd be spending them on our balcony so facilitated anything they could for us. 

Enjoy! 

It is a hike but that’ll be my exercise. I heard deck 9 has deepest balcony. To me we’ll have the best of both worlds and Caribbean should be warm in Feb 😎

18 hours ago, GettotheSun said:

If that were the case, I’m hoping if you were in the Haven and had the PPBP you could also get Veuve as part of the package at the Haven restaurant.  Can anyone confirm?

Also, anyone know the likelihood of getting a bottle or wine or champagne at the Haven bar under the package or would it only be the restaurant at dinner?

Absolutely, be sure to ask for a wine menu and look for the star indicating it’s still on the plus package as there seems to be some doubt. We were even able to order a bottle with lunch on the Joy last month.

I don’t think they’re allowed to hand out bottles at the Haven bar, but it never hurts to ask.

On 11/27/2019 at 1:59 PM, zebrazeb said:

look weird???   you are on vacation who cares!!!

....following thread.

I missed this earlier - ya, that is true!  And if you're paying for it!  Something tells me, carrying a bottle of re-corked champagne through the ship would not be the oddest thing people would see on a cruise.

20 hours ago, AlexandNessa said:

Thanks!  I am really stoked about the large balcony.  I know some of the lower decks apparently have larger ones, but considering the only time our kids will likely be on it is if we are eating on the balcony, I think it will be plenty big.  (although my 14 could surprise me and be content to chill on it, in which case I hope the butler can arrange for an additional lounger, lol).

Given the anticipated indulgence with food and drink, I'm more and more seeing being in the aft and having the walk to the Haven as a good thing, haha!

5 hours ago, aero777 said:

Absolutely, be sure to ask for a wine menu and look for the star indicating it’s still on the plus package as there seems to be some doubt. We were even able to order a bottle with lunch on the Joy last month.

I don’t think they’re allowed to hand out bottles at the Haven bar, but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks.  I would assume if any of the specialty restaurants offer any bottle of wine or champagne under the PPBP, then the Haven restaurant would too.  

I wonder if after this cruise I will known by the staff as "that guy who kept ordering Veuve to go, and he had his own stopper".

• 1 year later...
On 11/28/2019 at 10:43 AM, benzygirl said:

Has there been any variation in upcharge of the Prem Plus Pkg since it started?  I'm sailing in Feb. Should I buy it now?

When did it start?  I think it's $29/pp per day above the Dlx drink package?

Can you tell me if the balcony is really more on the side for 9318? The deck plan makes it appear there is no full aft.

21 minutes ago, Annies88 said:

Can you tell me if the balcony is really more on the side for 9318? The deck plan makes it appear there is no full aft.

It is just like the other aft-facing suite balconies on the Breakaway and Breakaway Plus ships. The deckplan is just colored that way.