Premium Plus Wine Sharing

stretch44

Wife and I plus our two children.  Booked two cabins and "officially" my wife and I are in separate cabins since an adult needs to be in each room.  I plan on purchasing the Premium Plus package upgrade since I prefer top shelf but my less picky wife will have only the premium package that came as one of the perks.  My question is when I order a bottle of wine at the restaurant must I be the only one to consume it since I am the only one who has the plus package?  

Did you book the cabins separately?  One under your name and one under your wife’s?  I ask because all cabins booked together have to purchase. 

As to your question, many are reporting when they order a bottle the server will bring glasses for all

dining companions

The question that wasn't asked/answered was that even if you booked separate rooms, did you use two different forms of payment? If you DID use the same form of payment for both cabins, NCL may require both of you to purchase the package, per the "T&C"... I will copy/paste this from the package terms and conditions...

Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise.

26 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

The question that wasn't asked/answered was that even if you booked separate rooms, did you use two different forms of payment? If you DID use the same form of payment for both cabins, NCL may require both of you to purchase the package, per the "T&C"... I will copy/paste this from the package terms and conditions...

Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise.

You make a good point. Even though both cabins were paid for with the same method of payment at the same time, cabins were booked separately and each have their own confirmation number.  When selecting the upgrade only one purchase was necessary since the other in the cabin is a minor. 

18 hours ago, stretch44 said:

You make a good point. Even though both cabins were paid for with the same method of payment at the same time, cabins were booked separately and each have their own confirmation number.  When selecting the upgrade only one purchase was necessary since the other in the cabin is a minor. 

Yup, since they are separate bookings and not "additional rooms on the same reservation" then you will not have to upgrade your wife. 

But great followup info by @sid_9169 that many people don't realize.