Echo-ing round the Caribbean on Silver Whisper

Master Echo

Dear Seaquay

Concerning the individual who wished to leave in Key West, I relied upon on what I was told by both the individual in question and by the GRM onboard.

i concur with your comments regarding all inclusive shore trips, where people do not have the decency to inform the Shore Concierge they no longer wish to do the tour.  From experience this is also a problem on Regent, which always  has inclusive shorexes.

On voyage 4930 where Sir & Madame did have included shorexes, they returned tickets well before the cancellation deadline, for reallocation for those on the waitlist.

Regarding Liam, as with the pianist, he was there to play in the background, not to perform a concert.  Passengers go to the Bar for a pre-dinner cocktail to meet friends and do not appreciate loud background music.  It is a shame that his agent appears to have misled him.  i would beg to differ on the strengths of his abilities, though I made no comment about this on my three cruises onboard.

Sandra's fiancé is joining her for Christmas and Sir & Madame have an invitation to her wedding in the Spring, and they enjoyed a superb traditional Portuguese salt cod dinner with her, the preparation masterly executed by Gio, the Executive Chef.  Even Sandra gave it full marks.

If the Managers will not enforce swimming pool and jacuzzi rules, then the prospect of tightening up the Pool Deck dress code, is bleak!

Jolly Jones - Mea Culpae!  I do of course know that the PVSA refers to people and the Jones Act to merchandise, but for brevity at Miami airport, omitted to be specific.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 1:08 AM, Master Echo said:

Clodia

Safe flight from Newcastle - Fort Lauderdale  is a sunny high of around 25C - sure that is currently warmer than Newcastle!!

Silver Whisper is gearing up for your arrival - bon voyage - enjoy!!

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Back now; enjoyed everything except the flights (don't like flying and this was the longest most complicated journey I have ever undertaken alone).

I was totally, utterly blown away by Silver Whisper. It was the best cruise I have EVER taken. The service, the food, the staff, the attention to detail; everything was perfect. I am too jet lagged and tired to undertake a detailed review now but will certainly write one when I've sorted out my photos and my head!

I am a total convert to Silversea; unfortunately now spoiled for other lines. I booked another while onboard.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 6:21 AM, Clodia said:

Been really interesting to read all this. waiting for my taxi to Newcastle Airport (far North of England) for connecting flight to Miami to join the Lady whisper tomorrow. First time on Silversea though cruised many times with P and O and Cunard. Very excited.

Just caught this post.  Would you be the Clodia from the NE that was (and still may be) a poster on a forum frequented by the like of Pete Knight.  If so did you get your nosey and objectionable neighbours sorted out.  If this makes no sense to you at all then the answer to my question is 'no'!

Yes I would be that Clodia. Yes it was sorted out. I was forced into early retirement because of his machinations, which turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me! We now run a small business and I am moving gradually from P and O to Silversea. He stalked me for 2 years but was eventually seen off. He just doesn't know what a favour he did me in the end!

1 minute ago, Clodia said:

Yes I would be that Clodia. Yes it was sorted out. I was forced into early retirement because of his machinations, which turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me! We now run a small business and I am moving gradually from P and O to Silversea. He stalked me for 2 years but was eventually seen off. He just doesn't know what a favour he did me in the end!

Well, that's, excellent news! I trust your private affairs now remain your own. I left the other forum at the end of 2012 - is it still quite lively and informative? I must say, I'd be surprised if there were any other members using Silversea. 😂

If it's the other forum I'm thinking of, we are no longer members of the organisation but are volunteer staff as we run their Legal Depertment. Meaning that no other member will ever have to go through what I did, and no one has since 2012! 100% success rate!

Still lively, but a few aggressive keyboard warriors rather spoil the forum so we don't post very often.

10 hours ago, Clodia said:

If it's the other forum I'm thinking of, we are no longer members of the organisation but are volunteer staff as we run their Legal Depertment. Meaning that no other member will ever have to go through what I did, and no one has since 2012! 100% success rate!

Still lively, but a few aggressive keyboard warriors rather spoil the forum so we don't post very often.

All good. 

Didn't realise you could use that forum without being a member of the organisation. 

We are still active in the activity but no longer feel that the organisation is of use to us. I believe the levels of membership are steadily decreasing. 

Anyway, apologies for hijacking the thread but always good to catch up. 

K&J