Rules on bringing alcohol on board in SYD

lissie

Just booked a 14 day cruise to PNG from Sydney - getting mixed info on how much booze we can  bring on board. The cruise login  (and the TA) says 1 bottle of wine/champagne each. The FAQs on Cunard's  Australia site says "You may bring beer, wine or spirits on board (subject to the age limit law of the Port of departure) to celebrate special occasions."  Also can we bring more booze on when we  come back from shore excursions? Don't want to bring a stupid amount - but prefer spirits and beer to wine that's all. 

Either way  I know you pay corkage if consumed outside of your cabin. 

On 11/17/2019 at 9:55 PM, exlondoner said:

As far as Cunard are concerned, bring what you like - and from trips.

Except the receipt from them says one bottle of wine or champagne each. I'm wondering if they are stricter on cruises departing Australia? 

22 hours ago, lissie said:

Yes I've just had my TA that the website is correct and shell update her info!  

Thinking a Hunter Valley wine tour may be in order before the cruise! 

I did a Hunter Valley Wine tour a couple of years ago and brought on 4 bottles of wine no problems.

I am boarding QE on the 20th and will be taking a carton wine on board to enjoy over Xmas/newyear.

Cheryl

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ckl001 said:

I did a Hunter Valley Wine tour a couple of years ago and brought on 4 bottles of wine no problems.

I am boarding QE on the 20th and will be taking a carton wine on board to enjoy over Xmas/newyear.

Cheryl

Have an awesome trip - I'd rather like an Xmas cruise - but flying from NZ makes it expensive because of the $$$ pricing of Xmas airfares!  Not willing to cruise out of NZ because  of the rough seas!