Early Boarding in San Diego

Fish42

Prior to my sail on Nov 9th, I had a brief discussion with my fellow passengers as to whether it was a good idea to show up for early embarkation at the San Diego cruise port when two ships are in town.

My experience on this date was great.  Aside from a mis-direction from the cruise port staff (not HAL), everything was very smooth and leisurely.  We arrived at the terminal around 10:20am and were in the waiting area by 10:40am eating cookies.  We boarding about 11:10am and our staterooms were ready.

A few of the other passengers suggested to wait until 2:30pm to avoid the crowds and mess of two cruise ships in port.  I disagree.  I was on board the ship for more than three hours prior to this time, which I think was well worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Are you 4* or were you in a Neptune suite etc?  That’s amazing! We are heading to San Diego soon for a cruise and debated what time to show up at the pier.  

We boarded in San Diego last April.  Were on by 11:30 AM.  They first boarded handicapped, then Neptunes then 4 or 5 Star.

Then everyone else by number.