Water slide on Fantasy

SoBaycruiser

We will traveling on Fantasy with our 3 grandchildren ages 7 and below.  Am I right that the water slide might be too much for the young ones?  Is there an age limit to use it?  It looks big and I would think it would be intimidating to young children even with an adult.  I don’t want to promise a water slide and have them disappointed.  Thanks.

Edited by SoBaycruiser

56 minutes ago, SoBaycruiser said:

We will traveling on Fantasy with our 3 grandchildren ages 7 and below.  Am I right that the water slide might be too much for the young ones?  Is there an age limit to use it?  It looks big and I would think it would be intimidating to young children even with an adult.  I don’t want to promise a water slide and have them disappointed.  Thanks.

From the DCL website:

Riders should note that:

• AquaDuck is designed for Guests 42" or taller
  • Single riders must be 54" or taller
  • Children under 7 must ride with someone 14 years of age or older, provided the child is at least 42" tall
  • No snorkel equipment or swim masks are permitted

So, the basic requirement is that all riders must be at least 42" tall.  If the rider is under the age of 7 he/she must ride with someone 14 years or older.

While the ride seems "big" it's not much more than a lazy river in a clear tube.  I think the biggest drop is right at the beginning, and it's not really that big.  But, you know your kids the best, as to whether they'll be freaked out because of it.

Edited by Shmoo here

9 hours ago, gometros said:

Are you asking about the Aquaduck or the slide at the Mickey Pool?

I guess I was asking about the Aquaduck slide (now that I have googled Botha d know there are two) 😊.  It appears the Mickey Pool slide is much more appropriate.  Thanks for pointing that out.  There is so much to learn for first timers!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Aquaduck is not nearly as aggressive as it looks. You're in a raft and it tends not to be a lot of jumps or rushes other than the initial launch and while you are in a spiral that goes out over the edge of the deck, you never notice it. I took my daughter when she was 7 and barely over the 42" minimum. 

23 hours ago, numtini said:

The Aquaduck is not nearly as aggressive as it looks. You're in a raft and it tends not to be a lot of jumps or rushes other than the initial launch and while you are in a spiral that goes out over the edge of the deck, you never notice it. I took my daughter when she was 7 and barely over the 42" minimum. 

Thank you.  That is good to know.  Our grandson will have just turned 7 so he may enjoy it.

16 hours ago, SoBaycruiser said:

Thank you.  That is good to know.  Our grandson will have just turned 7 so he may enjoy it.

I guarantee he will enjoy it. My wife does not do thrill rides. The most she'll do is Splash Mountain, but the Peoplemover is more her speed. She loves the Aquaduck and has ridden it multiple times.

42 minutes ago, gometros said:

I guarantee he will enjoy it. My wife does not do thrill rides. The most she'll do is Splash Mountain, but the Peoplemover is more her speed. She loves the Aquaduck and has ridden it multiple times.

You may have convinced ME to go on it!  I definitely don’t like thrill rides or roller coasters.  Adrenaline is not my friend!  But if the 7 year old will do it, I may have to try it.  Thanks!

You do the launch, which is really just a kidn of normal feeling slide, then you sort of glide down the habitrail tube and can look out at the deck, there's a short drop of not quite a foot which gives you a splash, then through the funnel and back around the other habitrail, then down another slide to the end. Check out a video. Very mild. Load of fun.

21 hours ago, numtini said:

You do the launch, which is really just a kidn of normal feeling slide, then you sort of glide down the habitrail tube and can look out at the deck, there's a short drop of not quite a foot which gives you a splash, then through the funnel and back around the other habitrail, then down another slide to the end. Check out a video. Very mild. Load of fun.

Just to clarify, you don't launch yourself. There's a cast member that releases the tube from a treadmill like device.