Transport options from Manhattan cruise terminal to Newark airport

mimi7ccr

What are the options for transport from Manhattan cruise terminal to EWR on a Friday morning, along with approximate costs, please?

We are planning to book our return flight home around 2 or 3 p.m.  Thoughts??  Thank you.

2 hours ago, mimi7ccr said:

What are the options for transport from Manhattan cruise terminal to EWR on a Friday morning, along with approximate costs, please?

You can Uber or take a cab (I find Uber a little easier from the MCT because you don't need to wait in the cab line). Approx cost would be in the $85-90 range. You could also book with a car service like Carmel/Dial 7 which would be just a tiny bit more in the $90-95 range. Traffic headed out of Manhattan on a Friday to Newark won't be bad. 

Public transportation you could take a cab/uber to New York Penn Station and take NJ Transit to Newark Airport station. Tickets are about $15 a person plus the $15 Uber to Penn Station. It will take a bit longer than the Uber/Cab/Car service but cost about half. 

Thank you, Princeton, but I had the day of the week wrong.  It will be a Saturday.  Does that change anything?

The Penn Station/train sounds interesting.  We might do that.  I went to Carmel's web page and it had a price 

of $52 from MCT to EWR, but did not include tolls or taxes???  Would that run it up that much, up to $85-90?

4 minutes ago, mimi7ccr said:

Thank you, Princeton, but I had the day of the week wrong.  It will be a Saturday.  Does that change anything?

The Penn Station/train sounds interesting.  We might do that.  I went to Carmel's web page and it had a price 

of $52 from MCT to EWR, but did not include tolls or taxes???  Would that run it up that much, up to $85-90?

Saturday doesn't change the equation in any significant way.

The $52 price you saw doesn't include tolls or tips.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:50 PM, mimi7ccr said:

Be careful with Carmel, had booked them for three transfers, first one pick up from airport was fine.  However the next day for pick up from hotel  driver did not load our bags got in the car and left my daughter to do it, he then proceeded to take off down the street with her body half in and half out of the car.  Luckily she could keep up and was not swept under the car and ran over, or luckily there were not cars in parking spaces along the street that she could have run into.  Could have been a tradegy.  Cancelled the last pickup  they had come highly recommended and did have decent reviews on trip advisor, however their reviews have gone down hill and have left people stranded.  However it is your choice in the end, but when I think what could have happended it makes my shudder and sick to my stomach.