Bottomless Bubbles

jdoc2007

In my preparations for our upcoming NYE cruise, I went online to add the bottomless bubbles to my kids (12 & 15) booking - They are in their own cabin.

Right before checking out, I noticed the price was a little higher than our last recent cruise.  So I clicked on the shopping cart.  The website is charging my 15 year old the adult price ($8.50) instead of the child price ($5.95).  I verified online that 1. his DOB is correct (perhaps there was a typo) 2. that age limits for bottomless bubbles kid pricing is 17 and under before calling the Carnival Funshops.

It gets weirder from here.

Rep on phone 1st said that minors cannot be in a cabin alone without an adult booked (not true) and the website is automatically programmed to charge atleast 1 adult price (also not true, as we just got off a cruise where we purchased the bubbles program for our kids in their own cabin).

So I asked to be transferred to someone else - 2nd rep said 1st rep didnt know what he was talking about and that she would override and place the order through their system, with both bubbles packages being at child pricing.  GREAT - She asked for my credit card.  I said I have a Carnival Gift Card - Her response was "oh, you cant purchase items through the funshops with a gift card"  (not true).  I literally just got done ordering the Cheers package for my cabin with a Carnival GIft Card.

I still havent been able to purchase the bottomless bubbles for the two kids, with kid pricing.  Anyone else ? 

Also make sure you check your shopping cart online before making payment.  

I told my 15 year old that they are now charging him adult pricing due to his consumption on the last cruise --- lol.

I do know two things that might help:

(1) They are right, they cannot accept gift cards on phone orders for the Fun Shops (only online for some reason)

(2) BB is not discounted pre-cruise

My recommendation, wait until you are on board so that you can speak with someone who might actually be able to help.  I'm always astounded by the lack of assistance via phone at Carnival, especially with the Fun Shops.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is strange.  I did a "mock purchase" for my son who is 17 (in his own cabin with his 15 year old brother) for a cruise in March and it shows the child pricing.  I think if I would find an error like that, I would wait until the next day and try again.  There could be a system glitch that corrects itself out.