Oosterdam 7 day Mexico and Caviar

askworldtraveler

If you look at the most recent Pinnacle menu on the HAL website, it lists caviar as a $70 surcharge. They used to just offer it on the Rudi's Sel de Mar night but now it is on the Pinnacle menu. We will be cruising next week and will see for sure.

Sandy

• Like 1

I'm on the November 30th and December 7th Oosterdam Mexican Riviera and both cruises have rearranged the port schedule putting Puerto Vallarta first and arriving at Cabo San Lucas at 7am as the last port.  Although I didn't have any excursions planned I'm curious why they changed the schedule.  Anyone know???

Thanks,

~Nancy

It still shows Mon - Cabo, Tues - Mazatlan, and Wed - Puerto Vallarta. Because Thanksgiving is Thursday, they may have left the schedule as is. Usually I book private excursions but this time we just booked the Barrio Bistro food and tequila one through the ship, so I wasn't worried about what day each port is. I'm happy that I can get ceviche at Barracruda's in Cabo San Lucas with the 10am - 6pm port time. The 7am - 1pm port time is very limiting, I think we had that our last time over Christmas.

4 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

The Caviar has been on the Pinnacle Grill menu for several years now.  I know because we have bought it several times.  One time it was $35 -- then it was raised to $70 for barely an ounce.

Don't know if you can have it delivered to your cabin -- but you certainly can ask.

KK is right! I remember when it was $35.00 than $55.00 now $70.00!! Ostera and it is very good. Always in Pinnacle Grill

and no it can not be delivered to your room! We tried when we were on our last cruise.

Enjoy your cruise

Denise😊

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 10:59 PM, oakridger said:

I'm on the November 30th and December 7th Oosterdam Mexican Riviera and both cruises have rearranged the port schedule putting Puerto Vallarta first and arriving at Cabo San Lucas at 7am as the last port.  Although I didn't have any excursions planned I'm curious why they changed the schedule.  Anyone know???

Thanks,

~Nancy

I started a thread on the Mexican Riviera port board about the port change question because our itinerary on Oosterdam next March was changed as well (now reverse order - PV/Maz/Cabo).

One theory offered was that they did it because of heavy traffic (other ships) in the ports during the original itinerary, but that doesn't seem to explain them changing ALL of the future sailings this way.

Any other ideas?