Zenith Rumors

quietmn12

I've heard somewhere about the possibility of Celebrity selling off the Zenith much like they did the Horizon. Anyone know any facts about this? I want to book Zenith later in the year, what happens to booked cruises if the ship is gone? Anyone know what they did with cruises booked on Horizon in this kind of case?

I've heard somewhere about the possibility of Celebrity selling off the Zenith much like they did the Horizon. Anyone know any facts about this? I want to book Zenith later in the year, what happens to booked cruises if the ship is gone? Anyone know what they did with cruises booked on Horizon in this kind of case?

Base upon all the rumors that have been on these boards the past few years supposedly from people in the know ie:cruise directors, ships captains hostesses, don't believe anything until there is a press release from Royal Caribbean. Any cruises booked would simply be cancelled but I would think that Celebrity is committed to Bermuda for the summer. Also, the Horizon announcement was about a year in advance.

Geez, Don I thought the H rumors went on for over two years before it was formally announced?

I would not be afraid to book Z into the '07 season. In fact I have 6 weeks booked on her in Oct, Nov, Dec '06.

I believe they did, I was referring to the official announcement being at least a year in advance of the ship being taken out of service. Remember we had all those rumors about the Century being strectched, Hoizon and Zenith going and adding balconies for Bermuda.

First off, the key word to remember Rumors. Nothing has been announced and they won't cancel cruises they scheduled. If this comes to be the case, they will schedule up unitl the transfer date. That was one thing we saw with the Horizon before it was sold. When the years itineraries came out, it didn't go beyond the end of October. So there were signs before the announcement. Be patinent. It will likely happen, but not before the end of the currnet itineraries have run their course.

It's only a guess, but we suspect that Celebrity will use Zenith until the newest ship comes online, and not much longer (if at all). Normally a sale or transfer takes place only after booked cruises are completed. The one exception of which we're aware, the Radisson Diamond, was for a ship leased, rather than owned, by the cruise line. The owners forced a tranfer before booked cruises were finished, creating an awful business and PR situation for Radisson.

I too am guessing, but I would not look at her being sold til the new ships or ships are ready. After that yes, it is quite possible she will go, which is too bad in some ways. So many seem to think bigger is better: I am not amoung them. There are times when I want to cruise on a ship holding 2200 or more passeners with all the choices, the glitz etc. Other times we are happier on the small vessels with the easy to manouver deck plans, the ability to see the same face more than once and the class that goes with the smaller, older ships. Right now we can all relax: I am certain there is always a year plus notification prior to removing a ship from a fleet. NMNita

Archived