Discounts on shore excursions in cruise planner?

tartana

I am quite familiar with another cruiseline where there are sales once in a while; however, I am helping my parents out with a Europe Norwegian Cruise next fall.  I am just wondering if there are occasionally discounts on the shore ex. prices in the cruise planner, or do they always stay the same price until departure?  Thanks in advance. 

Other cruise lines do, however I am not entirely sure with NCL. I know depending on your Latitude tier there are discounts for shore excursions - 10% for Silver, Gold and Platinum members, 15% for Platinum Plus members and 20% for Ambassador members. NCL's Free at sea $50 per port Shore excursion credit is another perk that many use.

43 minutes ago, tartana said:

I am quite familiar with another cruiseline where there are sales once in a while; however, I am helping my parents out with a Europe Norwegian Cruise next fall.  I am just wondering if there are occasionally discounts on the shore ex. prices in the cruise planner, or do they always stay the same price until departure?  Thanks in advance. 

I have seen excursions increase in price the closer it get to the sailing date.

7 hours ago, tartana said:

NCL does not discount or run sales. Unlike Royal who sends out a “latest sale” email every 16 hours from the moment you book to the moment you sail (flooding your email with pure junk).