Soda package and sugar-free, caffeine-free soda availability at bars, dinner

rabidstoat

I have the soda package and only drink sugar-free, caffeine-free sodas.

I know the Freestyle machines will have lots of choices for me, but what about at dinner? Or bars?

Do any of them have anything that is both sugar-free and caffeine-free, like Sprite Zero or Fresca? Specifically, I'll be on Oasis of the Seas.

Edited by rabidstoat
Sprite zero, not Sprint zero

Without the Freestyle machines, your only choices would normally be Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, soda water, and tonic water.

You may be able to get someone to give you some cans of something caffeine and sugar free, but that is not guaranteed.

In other words, get your soda from the Freestyle machines before you go into a restaurant.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

In other words, get your soda from the Freestyle machines before you go into a restaurant.

Ditto this.  I also only drink caffeine-free soda, preferably sugar-free and clear.  Get it from the Freestyle machine before going to the dining room.  As for bars... your soda pkg covers fountain soda, and on the gun they usually only have diet Coke or regular Sprite.  Getting a fountain soda that's CF and SF might not be possible.  Not sure if they'll give you a can with the pkg.

2 minutes ago, Ren1216 said:

...  Not sure if they'll give you a can with the pkg.

Some have reported being able to get cans with the package, but I think those are exceptions to the rule.

11 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Without the Freestyle machines, your only choices would normally be Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, soda water, and tonic water.

You may be able to get someone to give you some cans of something caffeine and sugar free, but that is not guaranteed.

Yeah, I'm just hitting the Freestyle machines. Right now 4 of the 7 that I know about on the ship are broken, and at least one of the other 3 works (but I only had access to it because a kindly crew member opened up the closed side of the buffet to let me use the working machines there). The 2 on the Promenade by the pizza place, and the two on the side of the buffet that were open, were already broken on Day 1 of the cruise.

I would be FURIOUS if 4/7 of the Freestyle machines didn't work, because I also only drink caffeine free diet soda.  I was on Empress and had prepaid for a soda package and made them refund me when there was no Freestyle (it said that there was, which is why I bought it.  Only afterwards did I know that not all RCL ships have them.). I also love all sodas, other than Sprite zero... of course!  

I'd be at guest services asking what they plan to do to repair the machines.  And if they can only repair later, what the compensation might be (half off soda or something).  

This does not answer your question, I'm sorry.  I guess the answer is that you have to trek to the Freestyle machines for soda.

17 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Just returned from Harmony.  I enjoyed Sprite Zero in Schooner Bar, Coastal Kitchen and Solerium Bistro.  Cousin who had package had Sprite Zero in glass in Schooner Bar.

Good to know -- thanks!!  Don't love it, but it'll work.