Interconnecting cabins on Silver Spirit

seaquay

We've always been told to avoid interconnecting rooms if you don't plan to use it since noise will come through the door (just like it does in a motel room with a connecting door).

If you aren't planning to use the interconnecting cabin, then it's definitely not worth picking that cabin for the rain shower. We recently switched out our old shower head for a rain shower head in our condo at a cost of 65 dollars. It was easy to do, enjoyable everyday, and uses less water than our old shower head.

Good Morning seaquay - we have had one of the Rain Shower Suites a number of times on The Spirit and they are fantastic - the configuration makes the Bathroom appear bigger and the Shower itself is large and very efficient ( an adjustable Hand Shower as well as a Fixed Rain Unit ). We were lucky to get one of the 2 Non Connecting Suites but cannot see that a Connecting One would be too much of a problem from a noise perspective ( The Sound Insulation is not great anyway !!! ).

I am a little lost as to the relevance of the cost of changing Shower Heads in ones own Home as described by SWFLAOK ???

It's been a while since I've been on the Spirit so I may be wrong, but don't all cabins have a rain shower head in the shower as well as a hand held shower unit? 

It's just that the cabins in the 'stretch' only have a shower, no bath.

FYI The bath is separate from the shower cubicle, it's not a struggle-up-and-into-the-bath all-in-one unit like the Wind ... ugh ...

That's why the bathrooms in the stretch look bigger although they're actually slightly smaller (I think), because they have a larger shower cubicle and no bath.

Edited by jollyjones

1 hour ago, jollyjones said:

It's been a while since I've been on the Spirit so I may be wrong, but don't all cabins have a rain shower head in the shower as well as a hand held shower unit? 

It's just that the cabins in the 'stretch' only have a shower, no bath.

FYI The bath is separate from the shower cubicle, it's not a struggle-up-and-into-the-bath all-in-one unit like the Wind ... ugh ...

That's why the bathrooms in the stretch look bigger although they're actually slightly smaller (I think), because they have a larger shower cubicle and no bath.

You are correct!  All baths on Spirit have a rain shower.

Good Afternoon Jollyjones - You may well be right concerning the exact dimensions of the new ' Shower Only ' Bathrooms but as I did not have a Tape measure with me, my remarks relate to my ' Impression ' of the size which I agree is probably created by the removal of the Bath.

I would however say that the new Shower Cubicle is very capacious and contains a Seat/Wide Ledge at one end which many would find useful.

We were not able to secure one of these Suites for our next Spirit Cruise but will be entirely comfortable in one of the original Suites which does have an adequate separate Shower Unit as well as a Bath.