How is the Internet connection on the Queen Victoria? What is the general age of the crowd?

Fatboyq

To give a proper answer:

I was on the Queen Victoria a couple of weeks ago. Internet speeds are usable for email and browsing. Had some success doing Facetime audio calls also. If you remember it's satellite Internet and you're at sea it'll help. It's kind of expensive unless you have Cunard status and get it free however.

Food and service was pretty good this time. No complaints from me on that. 

Age wise Cunard tends to be a bit of an older demographic. At early / mid 30s my wife and I were some of the youngest on board.

On a Pacific crossing the average age was about 70 to 75.  Almost no children (it was a long crossing in the middle of the school term).  Internet was useable for basic functions.  I often had to stand in the hallway near a router to log in or log off.  Food service was always good.

• 3 weeks later...

Internet was not the quality and speed you find on a line like Royal Caribbean... plus Cunard does not offer Unlimited packages like Royal... it is by the minute.

(Just the truth)

We are in our mid 40s- and even “look” younger than our true ages... and we adored sailing with Cunard.

It is such a special and wonderful experience!

We loved the beauty, the history, the dressing up in the evenings, the incredible lectures, and the calmness and peaceful nature of our voyage.

Sure, a good portion of the ship’s passengers were older than us- but that did not bother us in the least. We met so many lovely and delightful people.

So... I think it all depends on your personality and expectations.

If you truly enjoy being around people from other generations and want that beautiful experience of classic cruising, then Cunard is such an excellent choice!

We love Cunard!!!

• Like 1

Internet- slow in comparison to our home router. Easier and faster to use your smart phone 4G network whilst in ports.
Eat in Lido - food excellent, had a French evening menu a few days ago - stunning, French onion soup, snails, French entrees and Grand Marnier and orange juice crepes. Wow, wow, wow. 

Age - we are presently on a Canary Islands  cruise and a much older age group, but active, reading, attending lectures, IT and internet savvy. Many were walking in Lisbon today. In Lanzarote we trekked on the moonscape and all looked fit and everybody kept up with the group. Age is just a number!! The previous cruise to this was the Atlantic coast - were younger, 10 day quick warm sun cruise in early winter. 
Derek.