OMG This is a platinum plus perk!!

tampadee

5 minutes ago, goldmom said:

Just found some old deck plans.  Apparently it was called La Trattoria.  There were canvas curtains recessed into the ceiling that would come down at night to separate it from the buffet area.

La Trattoria is still part of the buffet on the Spirit (for another month anyway). It is what La Cucina is called on that ship.

On Escape couple of weeks ago. Went to Cagneys and La Cucina on the Platinum freebies.

One of them (can't recall which) we skipped 2 starters and 1 desert.

Had Porterhouse for $37 and got charged $2.40 (incl. Grats on the $2).   No write off due to fact that we skipped other parts of meal.

But we didn't ask, who's gonna embarrass themselves by trying to save $2.  Not us anyway.  But it was more amusing than anything that they didn't write it off.

20 minutes ago, calizona said:

This whole topic is just another example of how Plat and above cruisers are becoming more snobish all the time. The title should be OMG you can afford over 600 nights of cruising but wanna complain about a $1 charge. 

I suppose it would be, if it took anything like 600 nights to get to platinum, or if many people here were actually complaining about a $1 charge.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 3

I'm solo now so when I cruise, I make it a mission to meet and invite someone to join me for dinner, preferrably someone who doesn't usually go to a specialty restaurant.  I give them the option of choosing which 1 we go to as well. 

It's always been fun and I enjoy their company.   I once invited a lady who usually cruises on HAL. We really enjoyed our dinner and had a lively conversation throughout.  She chose Cagney's... didn't surprise me and thoroughly enjoyed her Bison steak. That steak was $1 more than the Plat. allowance.  No, I didn't mention the limit, to me, that would be rude. 

I will say, what I find unusual, is that NCL does not include the grat./tip for our free Plat. meal.  That's not to say that I don't tip, it's to say that when I invite someone to dinner, I pay the whole bill, including the tip.  

Just sayin' ....

I sure haven't cruised anywhere near 600 nights and think it's rude to put everyone in the same basket b/c you think we're all snobs. However, to each their own.   

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, calizona said:

This whole topic is just another example of how Plat and above cruisers are becoming more snobish all the time. The title should be OMG you can afford over 600 nights of cruising but wanna complain about a $1 charge. 

I am not complaining about a dollar charge. I was given an out dated certificate which would’ve amounted to about it extra $20 or do. My problem has been corrected and we will now have a $2 charge which is fine.  I was told by the cruise next people that the maître d’ should have corrected the amount on our outdated certificate. We have a new reservation for tomorrow night.  I am not a snob.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I'm solo now so when I cruise, I make it a mission to meet and invite someone to join me for dinner, preferrably someone who doesn't usually go to a specialty restaurant.  I give them the option of choosing which 1 we go to as well. 

It's always been fun and I enjoy their company.   I once invited a lady who usually cruises on HAL. We really enjoyed our dinner and had a lively conversation throughout.  She chose Cagney's... didn't surprise me and thoroughly enjoyed her Bison steak. That steak was $1 more than the Plat. allowance.  No, I didn't mention the limit, to me, that would be rude. 

I will say, what I find unusual, is that NCL does not include the grat./tip for our free Plat. meal.  That's not to say that I don't tip, it's to say that when I invite someone to dinner, I pay the whole bill, including the tip.  

Just sayin' ....

I sure haven't cruised anywhere near 600 nights and think it's rude to put everyone in the same basket b/c you think we're all snobs. However, to each their own.   

What a very kind gesture....I would be overwhelmed by such generosity!  Best wishes....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tampadee said:

I am not complaining about a dollar charge. I was given an out dated certificate which would’ve amounted to about it extra $20 or do. My problem has been corrected and we will now have a $2 charge which is fine.  I was told by the cruise next people that the maître d’ should have corrected the amount on our outdated certificate. We have a new reservation for tomorrow night.  I am not a snob.

Glad you were able to get it figured out and fixed while still onboard.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

18 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

How often do you cruise?    I’m seeing terms tightened up.   Don’t think you’re going to continue being special.  

Pretty often.  We just got off the Encore TA. 
I suppose being special has it's perks.  LOL