Liberty of the Seas Port Excursions w/ tots

adamrosie

Hi all, 

I would love some advice. My husband and I are sailing on Liberty leaving 12/22 along with our 2 small kiddos- baby is 6 months toddler is 3. We’ll definitely try putting them in nursery and aquanauts while on board, and we’re looking for little kid friendly activities at the ports- Roatan, Belize City, and Cozumel.

We’re pretty chill and easily entertained. Would appreciate good transportation recommendations (car rental, taxi, shuttle bus with car seats... we’re schlepping ours from home and not super long driving times), good beach recommendations with calm water and shade, playgrounds, kid friendly restaurants, etc.

We are willing to book shore excursions through the ship if they aren’t too expensive and we are also willing to do things on our own.

One more piece: we’re a family with 2 dads so gay friendly is crucial. 

Thanks all!!! 

In Cozumel, I would recommend Paradise Beach.  It has a beach and pool.  It has an all inclusive price but you can go a la carte for $3 per person.  Food and drinks are good.

In Roaten you can get a private tour for around $100 plus whatever you want to do.  Rony's tours and Victor Bodden are the best known.  The drivers will give a tour and take you to see sloths and monkeys plus take you to the beach.

I have never been to Belize.  I am going for the fist time in January.  Since it is a Tender port, you may consider a ship excursion.  That is what I am doing.

I don't think that your family status will be an issue on any of the port stops.  The Liberty does sail from Texas, which is very conservative outside of Austin (where I live).  I wouldn't expect any issues as Texans are extremely polite and friendly, but this may be the first time that some have encountered a family like yours.  

You will love Liberty!  Have a great cruise and be sure to post how it went.  I have the same itinerary only a few weeks after you.

Edited by Wordell1

2 hours ago, Wordell1 said:

In Cozumel, I would recommend Paradise Beach.  It has a beach and pool.  It has an all inclusive price but you can go a la carte for $3 per person.  Food and drinks are good.

In Roaten you can get a private tour for around $100 plus whatever you want to do.  Rony's tours and Victor Bodden are the best known.  The drivers will give a tour and take you to see sloths and monkeys plus take you to the beach.

I have never been to Belize.  I am going for the fist time in January.  Since it is a Tender port, you may consider a ship excursion.  That is what I am doing.

I don't think that your family status will be an issue on any of the port stops.  The Liberty does sail from Texas, which is very conservative outside of Austin (where I live).  I wouldn't expect any issues as Texans are extremely polite and friendly, but this may be the first time that some have encountered a family like yours.  

You will love Liberty!  Have a great cruise and be sure to post how it went.  I have the same itinerary only a few weeks after you.

Thank you very helpful! 

With kids that young, I would suggest looking at Playa Mia, day pass to Allegra, Chankanaab or for convenience (walking distance from port - no transport necessary) day pass to Park Royal in Cozumel.

In Roatan again for convenience our favorite for variety and vendor free, Maya Key - 5 minute boat ride directly from Royal pier. This has to be booked through the ship these days.

Belize is a tender port and I don’t know of any outstanding excursions with young kids. We have done Star fish/Bannister Island which was OK. There are other similar breaks to offshore keys that usually have transport directly from the ship without having to go  to port and changing transport. I would be inclined to stay on ship.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll second Paradise Beach in Cozumel - we had a blast there (shady chairs on the beach, great pool, water activities, etc.). It's a short taxi ride from the pier, about 10 minutes. We just paid when we got there, not booked through the ship.

In Roatan, we did the Maya Key excursion through the ship. Very short ferry ride to the private island, beach, pool, animal sanctuary and lunch is included. My daughter (6) loved getting to interact with the monkeys.

We stayed on the ship for the Belize stop and basically had the pools to ourselves. And Adventure Ocean is open so you could enjoy some adults-only Solarium time 🙂