3 night liberty- suitable for kids or booze cruise?

lcantw3658

I took my kids (4 and 7) on it the summer before last and had fun. I am sure there were lots of people partying but we stuck to the pools and had fun and weren't bothered by anyone.  I think the cruise is what you make it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just got off Liberty from a 3 day on Nov 18 - while there were plenty of people drinking and having a good time (there always are on any length of Carnival Cruise), there were also families with younger children on board

The biggest difference between 3 days and a 7 day cruise that we noticed is that all the family activities are truncated, so that the cruise staff can fit everything in (Suessapaloosa, trivia, trivial pursuit, hasboro, Seuss breakfast, etc)

For instance, during Seuss Story Time, the cruise staff acted out Horton Hears a Who,  rather then bringing up kids to participate 

During Trivial Pursuit, every team answered all questions, rather then each time answering individually 

• Thanks 1

I've done nothing but short cruises, and I can safely say they're family-friendly.  The partiers (that was me :classic_biggrin:) self-segregate amongst themselves, and don't bother anyone outside their groups.  Sure, they get a little boisterous at times, but there's nothing like F-bombs or loud screaming.  For the most part, your kids won't see anything they don't already know.

I saw quite a few family activities taking place, like the Dr. Seuss parade, the dessert buffet in the atrium, or the character breakfast.  I didn't partake, but they were there, and the kids looked happy.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I look forward to the day we quit calling them a booze cruise. We have had afew short ones and like someone else said, a cruise is what you make it. There are times and places and events for everything and everywhere for everybody. It's so customizable really.