Cape Liberty Parking - 24/7

mrmj59

We are on Adventure of the Seas leaving Fort Lauderdale on May 3 and ending at Cape Liberty on May 15.  We are driving to New Jersey and flying out of Newark to Fort Lauderdale.

Can we park at Cape Liberty on May 3?  Is parking open 24/7?  I know Manhattan cruise terminal is only open on days where ships embark and disembark.

4 hours ago, mrmj59 said:

We are on Adventure of the Seas leaving Fort Lauderdale on May 3 and ending at Cape Liberty on May 15.  We are driving to New Jersey and flying out of Newark to Fort Lauderdale.

Can we park at Cape Liberty on May 3?  Is parking open 24/7?  I know Manhattan cruise terminal is only open on days where ships embark and disembark.

Technically you can park at Cape Liberty, but why would you want to do that?  It’s basically deserted and you will have to pay to Uber to or from Newark Airport no matter how you do it.  At $22/day you’re looking at $264+ to park at CL.  Newark Airport parking can be gotten for about $10/day.  Snap Parking has an indoor garage and many hotels offer long term parking at reasonable rates.

We are 2 adults & 2 teenagers.  If we park near airport or at cruise port, we will have to take some transportation before or after cruise to the airport.  Just trying to see what will work out best / easier. 

If you arrive at Cape Liberty when there is no ship docked, there will be absolutely no one there except maybe some security.  The terminal is at the end of a 2 mile peninsula,  which is basically deserted with some unused buildings - no traffic and no businesses - no people unless a ship is there.  Please explore the area via google earth to see what I mean.  Certainly “easier” is better, but please factor in the highly urban industrial atmosphere of Bayonne in terms of waiting for a transportation pickup.

My suggestion is to come up with a plan giving dates and times and float it by the posters on this forum, particularly the folks who live in Bayonne.