1st time-Alaska 2021

Autumnz

Autumnz:  Read the Alaska Cruise Critic forum, and please skim the trip reports (organized by year and posted at the top of the Alaska forum index page).  Even read the reports from cruisers using other cruise lines.  It won't take much time, and the trip reports are full of excursion ideas.

I did an Alaska report on the Viking board and Alaska boards this May. I was expecting fabulous things of Alaska and it surpassed my expectations. Just wonderful. Would never do it with Viking again though. 

Pre cruise we'll do 26 glaciers/glacier trek/major marine 7.5 hr/ bear glacier sea kayak

Cruise ports

Juneau-I want to do a tracy arm excursion, but it departs at 8am and we dock at 9.  Maybe on our own Mendenhall and wander around town.

Skagway-rail and bus excursion (trails to hike?)

Icy point-visit town (whales maybe)

Ketichkan- rainforest walk, see totems (and?)

7 minutes ago, Autumnz said:

Pre cruise we'll do 26 glaciers/glacier trek/major marine 7.5 hr/ bear glacier sea kayak

Cruise ports

Juneau-I want to do a tracy arm excursion, but it departs at 8am and we dock at 9.  Maybe on our own Mendenhall and wander around town.

In Juneau we did the best excursion on all our cruises. We took the Catmaran from the ship during the passage. We got much closer to the glaciers and went to an area the ship could not go to. Lots of wildlife and whales on the way back to meet the ship inJuneau. Can only take this excursion from the ship.

28 minutes ago, Autumnz said:

Cruise ports

Autumnz:  You have a good idea of what you want to a see and do.  But on the Alaska Cruise Critic forum look for a thread titled "2019 Resources for planing a trip to Alaska;"  this thread contains lists of websites.  And I hope you realize that Major Marine (which is my favorite Kenai Fjords excursion vendor) currently has a cyber Monday offer.