rain all next week in the caribbean

ericworldz

Oh don't worry... It's the tropics, you can get a shower at any time. You most likely will get a shower, but that doesn't mean an all day rain. They usually pass quite quickly, then the sun comes back out and it's gorgeous again. This isn't the "rainy season", it's the nicest time of year in the Caribbean... You'll be fine. :)

My friends just got back from the Western Caribbean and it also said 60% of rain at two of their ports. It was sunny with very few clouds the entire time. Don't worry, you'll have fun even if it does sprinkle a bit! I'm jealous!

Check the forecast next week, the week after, and the week after that -- it's always the same for the long range forecast there.

Hell, how well do they really do for where you live? Considering all the variables in the ocean, all they can do is forecast averages.

i just check the weather forecast, it says 60% chance of rain all week long from feb 6-feb 10. what to do in ports during the rain??

I drove myself crazy with the whole weather thing when we went to Jamaica the second week in May last year. (The beginning of the rainy season.)

I went back and forth between weather. com and accuweather. and I have to say they had different forecasts for the same week! However, accuweather was more accurate:D Anyway, we had a 15 minute shower one afternoon. There was rain in the mountains, you could see it from the resort but it stayed in the mountains.

Anyway the gist of this is - don't fret, there are plenty of things to do. We had rain a couple of the days on our last cruise and it was in the 80s so it isn't that bad and the sky cleared up in the afternoon. We actually sat at one of the bars till the rain let up and then we continued to shop.

Good luck and have a terrific vacation.

We were in San Juan the for a long weekend a couple of weeks ago and I was checking the weather reports all the time before we left. Weather said 60% chance of rain each day; I came back with one of the best tans ever. We had a couple of 2 minute showers - and then the sun came out again. I don't think you'll have a problem. Have fun.

i just check the weather forecast, it says 60% chance of rain all week long from feb 6-feb 10. what to do in ports during the rain??

Look at it this way...

A rainy day in the Caribbean is better than a sunny day at home !!!

DW and I sailed last April on the Golden Princess to the beautiful Southern Caribbean. The weather called for rain everyday on the extended forcast. Needless to say it didn't rain once. So, now we don't pay attention to weather reports in the tropics. when it does rain, its usually for a couple of minutes or a sudden downpour, but not to worry, it doesn't last.

jcruise

Archived