When do they usually announce that they've chartered out the Summit?

fluffybunny22

I fell victim to the Cyber Monday sale and booked a 3/20/21 cruise for spring break on the Summit. I didn't run it past my husband first since he's super busy at work catching up from being on vacation for over a week. I emailed him and framed it as I was looking out for his well being because he was super cranky this March because we didn't have a cruise booked this year. I know the Summit sometimes gets chartered during this time frame because a couple years ago we had to resort to sailing Royal since the Summit wasn't in San Juan during the only week we were able to travel. The Summit out of San Juan is our go to for the Caribbean.

19 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I would hesitate to sail during Spring Break.  Could you not go before or after?  Caribbean sailings during this time can be quite raucous. 

My son will be in college and will have a 2 week spring break so that's why we are traveling that week.

1 hour ago, fluffybunny22 said:

I fell victim to the Cyber Monday sale and booked a 3/20/21 cruise for spring break on the Summit. I didn't run it past my husband first since he's super busy at work catching up from being on vacation for over a week. I emailed him and framed it as I was looking out for his well being because he was super cranky this March because we didn't have a cruise booked this year. I know the Summit sometimes gets chartered during this time frame because a couple years ago we had to resort to sailing Royal since the Summit wasn't in San Juan during the only week we were able to travel. The Summit out of San Juan is our go to for the Caribbean.

We had the Summit booked as a B2B cruise for 21 March and 28 March 2020 out of San Juan. On 28 March 2019 we received notice that our 21 March 2020 (first leg) cruise was being chartered. 🤬We were given different sail dates options and additional OBC compensation, no loss of bundled perks and same stateroom category. Now were doing the B2B cruise on the Summit out of SJ 28 March and 4 April 2020. All of our Caribbean cruises are during March and April time frame out of either San Juan, Fort Lauderdale and Miami on Celebrity and RC. None of those cruises were party cruises. Yea you'll see more kids of all ages (especially on RC) but have never had any negative experiences.   

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1