Texting on wifi

Carlo16

I’m traveling with 11 people spread over 3 cabins on Oasis of the Seas in August. Was thinking about buying a 3 device package and Splitting it 1 device per cabin So we can be in touch with each other onboard. 
If we all have iPhones would we be able to text through imessenger using the WiFi ?

Thank You

If it's 1 device per cabin, then only 1 person in that cabin can be logged in to receive or send a text. The others will be out of the communications loop until that 1 person actually logs off and allows the next to log in.

25 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

If it's 1 device per cabin, then only 1 person in that cabin can be logged in to receive or send a text. The others will be out of the communications loop until that 1 person actually logs off and allows the next to log in.

Or gives the others the message. 😉

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Or gives the others the message. 😉

Not sure how we functioned 30 or even 20yrs ago. I remember when Royal first got Computers they had several classes taught by an expert, held several times a day, just show people how to use them... I was happy 20 yrs ago when my kids were little, Royal gave me a pager. Was single parent raising 3 kids on my own...

Edited by ONECRUISER

11 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The Royal App has a chat function. WiFi connection to the app is free. Possibly notifications will be working in August. 

As far as has been reported, chat only works on Allure and Harmony.

35 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

As far as has been reported, chat only works on Allure and Harmony.

Hopefully by next August it will be on Oasis. I will check out the chat in January on Allure. 

A few days ago I got a test notification from the Royal app. That gives me hope the chat will include notifications.