First Celebrity Cruise- Edge- information

neffqueen

Hi

We sailed twice a year with NCL and RCCL for the last 5 yrs but this would be our first sailing with Celebrity. We booked Edge for spring break 2020 and our concern is for our 9 yr old son coming with us. He is an aspergers child( high functioning autism) and my concern are meals. He is great at camp and loves it but he has taste sensory issue and his food selections are very limited. For breakfast, he must have Pediasure. On NCL we get permission to bring on board ahead of time but not sure if Celebrity has the same rules. Our other big concern is his daily food. We need to have chicken fingers/ nuggets available for lunch and dinner. On the other cruise lines we travel, this item is on all the regular kids meals and it is not hard to get but I was looking at the kids menu on the Edge and cannot find anywhere chicken fingers/nuggets and fries. They all have burgers etc. Please understand that is not a choice we have for him to try other things, he just cannot get himself to eat a variety of food( we have tried). Can someone let me know if they have seen tenders on ship or do I need to request them. Any information is appreciated as final pay is coming up and if he is not able to have his food needs met, we might have to cancel.  thank you

Welcome to X....

Please complete the Special Needs form or better yet, call X to set up.

As for what your child likes to eat at other times than breakfast, not to worry about that either. Upon boarding let the Maitre d' know about his food desires and it will be fulfilled.

There will be times when you will need to remind the waiter about his preferences, which they will immediately jump on it.

We recently were on The Edge with a five (5) year old who out of seven (7) nights for dinner only had marinara sauce for her 'appetizer' of bread, then the main course of pasta with marinara sauce on the side with a dessert of strawberries...

I always went a few minutes before the reservation to let the staff know about her 'requirements'... we were even accommodated in Finecut Steak House and Eden..

Lunch sometimes she ventured out to a burger one day, and chicken fingers another in OVC...

bon appetite and bon voyage

From Celebrity Site -

Main Dining Kid's Menu
  • Starters. Caesar Salad. Crudités Hummus, Ranch. Tomato Soup Basil, Focaccia Croutons.
  • Entrees. Spaghetti Bolognese. Mac and Cheese. Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Mini Margarita Pizza. Fish Fingers Lemon Parsley Mayonnaise. ...
  • Desserts. PB&J Sundae. Chocolate Mousse. Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk. Ice Cream and Sorbet.

The Blu and Luminae menu are similar but also have a Filet.   My partner order the Fish Fingers one night in Luminae as there was nothing else that interested him.   He like them and were prepared perfectly.

As others have said contact "Special Needs"  (form below or call).

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Celebrity-Guest-Special-Needs-Form.pdf

Celebrity also has specially trained staff and program Autisim guests.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/special-needs/guests-with-autism 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1