Gty stateroom allocation

di T

Hi everyone! I booked a b2b back in July for a cruise in January 2020, both cabins were guarantee in August I found out the cabin numbers.

shortly after both cruises had price drops and even though I had a uk travel agent I got the price drops because I had booked on board but I had to go into the guarantee bucket again.Days later cabin numbers received! Last week I was going to print my sea pass for both when I realised first cruise is a different number and the second one has gone back to a gty. Travel agent just says not to worry I will get the cabin assigned around 10 days before departure.

Anyone had this happen? I’ve never had this before. Dianne

I learned on these boards if you do the online checkin on the app and download the set sail to an Apple wallet on your phone the room number is the last 4 digits of the upc bar code.  If you do not have an apple product, any scanner app should work.

1 hour ago, irishgal432 said:

I learned on these boards if you do the online checkin on the app and download the set sail to an Apple wallet on your phone the room number is the last 4 digits of the upc bar code.  If you do not have an apple product, any scanner app should work.

I was so excited to read this because I have been waiting for my gty to be assigned, but unfortunately it is not working for me.  When I scan, it does show the reservation number but is followed by -1-1  🤔🙁

1 hour ago, irishgal432 said:

I learned on these boards if you do the online checkin on the app and download the set sail to an Apple wallet on your phone the room number is the last 4 digits of the upc bar code. 

That only works if RCI has made the "internal" cabin assignment - otherwise the barcode will just have  "-GTY" in the barcode where the cabin number would be.

7 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

You cannot depend on getting the same staterooms for both cruises if you book a GTY category.

I know this and have done many b2 bs was expecting to have different cabins, but why have they changed my room numbers? And one has gone back to gty

1 hour ago, di T said:

I know this and have done many b2 bs was expecting to have different cabins, but why have they changed my room numbers? And one has gone back to gty

Don't know,  but even though it's not common, it can happen.

10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

How about a deck?

No deck either, will have to wait and see! They will be sending email to bid on other staterooms in the next few days I think, if the offers are good I might upgrade both cruises😉

6 hours ago, di T said:

They will be sending email to bid on other staterooms in the next few days I think, if the offers are good I might upgrade both cruises

No need to wait for an e-mail - if the sailing has Royal Up available, you can go directly there to bid.

14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No need to wait for an e-mail - if the sailing has Royal Up available, you can go directly there to bid.

Tried that but uk site says you have to wait until 30 days or less to the cruise.

6 hours ago, di T said:

No deck either, will have to wait and see! They will be sending email to bid on other staterooms in the next few days I think, if the offers are good I might upgrade both cruises😉

Have you checked the website for what it would cost you to just upgrade yourselves?

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Have you checked the website for what it would cost you to just upgrade yourselves?

Think I’ll get the travel agent to look at this! I have upgraded myself before for reasonable amounts, but that has been dealing with my American agent always more flexible! Dianne

35 minutes ago, di T said:

Tried that but uk site says you have to wait until 30 days or less to the cruise.

If the sailing is open for Royal Up bids, it doesn't have to be within 30 days of sailing - it could be that your sailing(s) are just not open (yet) for Royal Up offers. It could also be that whoever you booked with, you can't bid (some TAs have opted out of Royal Up) - have you checked with others in your Roll Call thread if they were able to bid?

Edited by Biker19