What's FREE on Vista ?.....

monakayk

I have been on the Vista and am going again in two weeks and honestly am not even sure.  I don't think I ever made it up to the Serenity deck as we were in Havana, but I am 99 percent sure they have a salad bar at lunch. 

There is Imax or thrill theatre on board, but you have to pay. 

The sky ride and ropes course was free. I think maybe putt-putt is free but may be thinking of a different boat.  Camp Ocean is free. Lots of things for the kids.  There are all sorts of things on the upper two or three decks to do, but I will admit that we barely left the Havana area.  

MDR brunch on sea days was absolutely AMAZING.  There is also buffet on the Lido deck and another rest on deck 10. I think the Blue Iguana food place does some sort of breakfast Tacos, but not 100 percent on this. The buffet was pretty good if my memory serves me.  Not amazing, but decent.  MDR was good but the service was so slow that we skipped it after the 2nd or 3rd night.  But this was over a year ago.   

I know Pig and Anchor, Guy's Burger, and Blue Iquana was free.  I have no idea where the Pig and Anchor is, though. I need to look at the lay out of the ship. I think maybe it may be by the Red Frog. (My husband and I LOVED the Red Frog and they had good happy hours.)   The fish place was not free, but also not expensive. I am not sure about Cucina, JiJis, etc. at lunch but I *think* it is free.

Afternoon Tea on sea days from 3 to 4 is free.

24 hour room service was free.

The Havana Bar area is open to the public (not the pool area) and is nice. Also looking forward to getting a shake spot spiked milkshake or coffee as I missed this last time.

I think you have to  book an appointment to do anything in the spa, but I had a massage and it was expensive and just okay and I don't remember the spa facilities being that great.  

1 hour ago, monakayk said:

Sky ride?

Cucina del Capitano for lunch ?
Ji Ji Asian Kitchen for lunch ?

Serenity --- Fresh salad...what days are served ?

Spa steam & sauna rooms?

Guy's BBQ?

Thanks in advance .

Skyride: free

Cucina @ lunch: free

Jiji @ lunch: free

Serenity salad bar: free, open at least during lunch on seadays.

Sauna's: not free

Guys bbq: free, lunch time on seadays

Free pizza at the back of the ship 24/7 but the wait can be long at times. 

Most room service is free, a few items have a small fee now. There is a delivery fee after 1030pm(i think) to cut down on late night room service waste.

I loved the Vista, and am anxious to try horizon.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, drgonzogoo said:

Most room service is free, a few items have a small fee now. There is a delivery fee after 1030pm(i think) to cut down on late night room service waste.

Thanks ... this is the info I  needed.

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

I have been on the Vista and am going again in two weeks and honestly am not even sure.  I don't think I ever made it up to the Serenity deck as we were in Havana, but I am 99 percent sure they have a salad bar at lunch. 

There is Imax or thrill theatre on board, but you have to pay. 

The sky ride and ropes course was free. I think maybe putt-putt is free but may be thinking of a different boat.  Camp Ocean is free. Lots of things for the kids.  There are all sorts of things on the upper two or three decks to do, but I will admit that we barely left the Havana area.  

MDR brunch on sea days was absolutely AMAZING.  There is also buffet on the Lido deck and another rest on deck 10. I think the Blue Iguana food place does some sort of breakfast Tacos, but not 100 percent on this. The buffet was pretty good if my memory serves me.  Not amazing, but decent.  MDR was good but the service was so slow that we skipped it after the 2nd or 3rd night.  But this was over a year ago.   

I know Pig and Anchor, Guy's Burger, and Blue Iquana was free.  I have no idea where the Pig and Anchor is, though. I need to look at the lay out of the ship. I think maybe it may be by the Red Frog. (My husband and I LOVED the Red Frog and they had good happy hours.)   The fish place was not free, but also not expensive. I am not sure about Cucina, JiJis, etc. at lunch but I *think* it is free.

Afternoon Tea on sea days from 3 to 4 is free.

24 hour room service was free.

The Havana Bar area is open to the public (not the pool area) and is nice. Also looking forward to getting a shake spot spiked milkshake or coffee as I missed this last time.

I think you have to  book an appointment to do anything in the spa, but I had a massage and it was expensive and just okay and I don't remember the spa facilities being that great.  

Unless something has changed, Room Service is no longer free after 10pm (I believe), but to Eli's point, I do think it is free between the hours of 6am and 10pm.

Garnett

1 hour ago, drgonzogoo said:

Saunas are free in both the men’s and women’s locker rooms. Everything else requires access to the thermal suite. 

On 12/8/2019 at 5:03 PM, monakayk said:

Sky ride? No

Cucina del Capitano for lunch ? Yes
Ji Ji Asian Kitchen for lunch ? Not sure

Serenity --- Fresh salad...what days are served ? Not sure

Spa steam & sauna rooms? Not sure

Guy's BBQ? Yes

Thanks in advance .

Didn't know much but Cucino del Capitano is great for lunch.  As is the BBQ.  The sushi place (name escapes me) is very affordable and lots of it.  Went there for dinner one night. 

On 12/8/2019 at 5:03 PM, monakayk said:

Sky ride?

Cucina del Capitano for lunch ?
Ji Ji Asian Kitchen for lunch ?

Serenity --- Fresh salad...what days are served ?

Spa steam & sauna rooms?

Guy's BBQ?

Thanks in advance .

Sky Ride - Yes (Ropes course too)

Capitano Lunch - Yes

Ji Ji Lunch - Yes

Guys BBQ - Yes

The other stuff I do not know for sure.  Just returned a couple weeks ago