Miami hotel on beach by airport and pier

gotta_cruise_again

Hi! We are flying in to Miami airport and taking a cruise with RCCL and Kenny Chesney and we are in need of a inexpensive hotel on the beach midway between the pier and the airport. Which part of the beach should I be searching for a hotel?? South beach, north beach etc. Thanks for any suggestions. Sharon

Hi! We are flying in to Miami airport and taking a cruise with RCCL and Kenny Chesney and we are in need of a inexpensive hotel on the beach midway between the pier and the airport. Which part of the beach should I be searching for a hotel?? South beach, north beach etc. Thanks for any suggestions. Sharon

Just a couple of things: there are no beaches between the airport and the port of Miami and hotels, especially beach hotels, are all expensive this time of year.

That said, South Beach is close to the port of Miami and a great place to stay however it is the most expensive part of Miami right now. North Beach would be much cheaper but the cost of the taxi ride (unless you are renting a car) to the port might negate any savings you find by staying north.

Can you rent a car?

Have you checked Hotwire? I would check South Beach, Miami Beach, Sunny Isles, and Coral Gables/Coconut Grove. Make sure the CG/CG hotel is on the beach or short walking distance to the beach.

If you find something under $100 you've hit the jackpot. Good luck!

I believe we stayed on Collins Ave or something similair to that last time on the beach. There is a lot of night life in South Beach correct?? I think our group would like something in that area.....about how far is that from airport and from port?? Thanks so much for your help. sharon

Collins Avenue is probably 20 miles long and yes it does run through South Beach.

Lots of nightlife in South Beach.

Depending upon traffic, it is only about 15-20 from the airport to South Beach and about 10 minutes from South Beach to the pier.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, were staying at the LaQuinta Inn North International airport and are cruising on the Norweigen Jewel on the 19 of Feb. How should we get to the pier? Take a cab( how much), rent a car? I don't know how far we are from the Miami Port. How much time do we allow ourself? If there is a boat show I would think it would take a lot longer to get there. I was thinking we should get to the port by 12:00. Any help? Teri:) :p

Taxi from airport to pier is flat rate, just under $25 (plus tip) per car

if ur motel is close to airport I'd think that would apply but ask...

... not very far ... 20 min if no serious traffic mixups.

boat show is not at the port ... it is at Miami Beach convention center and other marinas around town ... should be no impact except it might be fun to go your night in town. It's a good show...

here's a basic map

http://members.cox.net/bjokeefe/MiamiMap.doc

• 3 weeks later...
Hi! We are flying in to Miami airport and taking a cruise with RCCL and Kenny and we are in need of a inexpensive hotel on the beach midway between the pier and the airport. Which part of the beach should I be searching for a hotel?? South beach, north beach etc. Thanks for any suggestions. Sharon

if you are looking for hotels in Miami, you should try this site www.supertour.com

It's a virtual site that lets you "walk" and look around at the hotels and the surroundings. You can even check for availability on the site. pretty cool technology there....

Archived