To MSC or not to MSC ? Meraviglia Dec-01-Dec 08.

GOLDENBONNY

We are back . I will do little review later but go ahead with questions if you have any. First of all I need to say that rumors about overcrowded Meraviglia it very much rumors. she is not more crowded as any other big ship and we found Buffet even less busy then on other ships. We do love Seaside more but Meraviglia is not bad as well. 

Embarcation: Fast and organized. 10:30 customs opened and at 11:30 embarcation started.  

CABIN- We had Bella Balcony on Deck 12 . Happy with location but cabin is bit smaller than on other MSC ships ,plus very small closet and stupid safe box location. You have to lock your safe if you want to open a closet 😈  I did not overpacked this time so  it was enough space for 3 of us. Bathroom was regular size with big shower , no problem there. 

• Like 1

We sailed on Divina 5 times and Seaside once and had great cruises on all 5 though we like Divina a lot more than Seaside. 

We want to sail on Meriviglia this summer but the reviews I've read on Cruise Critic in the review section have been horrible and we don't know weather to take a chance and book or not. Can someone enlighten us as to how good or bad the Meriviglia cruise experience is.

19 hours ago, Shera1028 said:

Glad to hear it wasn't awful, we're going Jan 19 and so many reviews have been really negative. We'll have fun no matter what, but can't say I'm not a little concerned! Look forward to hearing more!

I am crazy busy now but please don't be concern .You will have a good cruise. We did. I really hate the fact that MSC americanize the ships but Meraviglia is not a bad ship and we had fun.  People who complain 24/7 really make me wonder why they cruise mass market lines when many luxury lines available for there great taste and standards. 

19 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

We sailed on Divina 5 times and Seaside once and had great cruises on all 5 though we like Divina a lot more than Seaside. 

We want to sail on Meriviglia this summer but the reviews I've read on Cruise Critic in the review section have been horrible and we don't know weather to take a chance and book or not. Can someone enlighten us as to how good or bad the Meriviglia cruise experience is.

Really? We don't like Divina at all. Seaside much better for us. If you liked Divina you will like Meraviglia . 

Edited by GOLDENBONNY

10 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

People who complain 24/7 really make me wonder why they cruise mass market lines when many luxury lines available for there great taste and standards. 

LOL - I agree.

My last cruise was on Viking Ocean.  My next cruise is a Bella interior on MSC Armonia.

I enjoy cruises on both lines.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

Really? We don't like Divina at all. Seaside much better for us. If you liked Divina you will like Meraviglia . 

That's what I thought. Too many glass and mirrors on the Seaside, MSC is going after the younger crowd with that ship and we are old.

6 hours ago, Homosassa said:

LOL - I agree.

My last cruise was on Viking Ocean.  My next cruise is a Bella interior on MSC Armonia.

I enjoy cruises on both lines.

That's it, exactly!... Different products for different needs. When one knows what the real product is, expectations go accordingly. Obviously one cannot to compare such even a basic VO ocean balcony suite on those brand new VO ship with a regular Bella Inside on the ageing MSC Armonia (which wasn't even built originally to be a regular cruise ship)!... Nor can we to compare terms, conditions, venues and service levels of both ships... And prices aren't the same as well!... To know the differences is the key to have a nice time on both situations!...

Certainly; when one factors the inclusions and the terms and conditions of a VO basic cabin to compare with what you have on a similar cabin on every of the brand new mainstream ships, prices might not to be so far away from one another when we add the extras we pay on the mainstream to meet those VO inclusions... But that is another subject that is not even to consider here, because the product differentiation remains. For example; usually a VO (or other premium to luxury line) cruise will run on the 10-15 days range, while the mainstream cruises will usually run on the 4-8 days range... Different audience!...

Wonderful to find someone whom has "that" rare market analysis sensibility here like you!... Congrats!...

Have a nice day!...

54 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

That's it, exactly!... Different products for different needs. When one knows what the real product is, expectations go accordingly. Obviously one cannot to compare such even a basic VO ocean balcony suite on those brand new VO ship with a regular Bella Inside on the ageing MSC Armonia (which wasn't even built originally to be a regular cruise ship)!... Nor can we to compare terms, conditions, venues and service levels of both ships... And prices aren't the same as well!... To know the differences is the key to have a nice time on both situations!...

My husband and I like small ships.

While we enjoyed the Divina, it was a little too large for us.  We are trying the Armonia for several reasons: 1. it is a smaller ship; 2. price; 3. itinerary.

We were just looking to get away and as we have been to three of the four ports on the cruise, we don't really care if we leave the ship in port.

There is nothing wrong with old ships and as far as being not being built as a cruise ship, we cruised on the NCL Starward in 1978. The ship was built as a car ferry and the two cars decks were still being reconfigured when we cruised.

I am looking forward to the Armonia. As many of my older relatives on my father's side immigrated from Naples, I feel that I am at a family dinner when I have the Neapolitan cuisine on MSC.