Dress code in the Caribbean

SoBaycruiser

I have read all the tips in the pinned thread and Disney’s official dress code guidelines.  I thought it all sounded very casual except for the semi-formal night and specialty restaurants.  In cruises with other companies in tropical settings, my DH has worn Dockers/Chinos  with a muted Hawaiian shirt most nights In the main dining room.  However, I just came across the following in CruiseCritics info about dress code on the Fantasy.

The dress code is casual during the day and resort casual most evenings. Think jackets for men, but no ties, and pants outfits or summer dresses for women. 

Is this true in practice?  Do most men bring jackets to the Caribbean?

2 hours ago, SoBaycruiser said:

I have read all the tips in the pinned thread and Disney’s official dress code guidelines.  I thought it all sounded very casual except for the semi-formal night and specialty restaurants.  In cruises with other companies in tropical settings, my DH has worn Dockers/Chinos  with a muted Hawaiian shirt most nights In the main dining room.  However, I just came across the following in CruiseCritics info about dress code on the Fantasy.

The dress code is casual during the day and resort casual most evenings. Think jackets for men, but no ties, and pants outfits or summer dresses for women. 

Is this true in practice?  Do most men bring jackets to the Caribbean?

Well, for starters, I suggest you check the DCL website for "dress code".  The info on other sites could be outdated.

That said, on DCL, regardless of the itinerary, the "dress code" is only "no swimwear or tank tops for dinner".  You'll see all manner of dress from t-shirts & shorts to full on formal (on cruise casual nights as well as formal nights).

The only place where the dress code is a bit more enforced is Palo or Remy.

My husband always brings a sport coat for formal night and for palo. If we are on a European cruise he brings a suit and a sport coat because Europeans tend to dress up more than Americans. But people wear what theY want. We like to dress up at night. Others just live in shorts and tshirts. . 

Your husband will outshine at least 85% of the men in his khakis and Hawaiian shirt.  There's really very little to no upgrade in apparel from day to evening in the main dining rooms, except for a lack of swimwear.  Even Palo has gone "nice jeans okay," although we personally prefer to dress up for it.

On 12/15/2019 at 5:28 PM, Missus_Aitch said:

Your husband will outshine at least 85% of the men in his khakis and Hawaiian shirt.  There's really very little to no upgrade in apparel from day to evening in the main dining rooms, except for a lack of swimwear.  Even Palo has gone "nice jeans okay," although we personally prefer to dress up for it.

What are those 85% wearing then?  Shirt and Tshirts to the main dining room?  

• 1 month later...

We never had to have suits when we were working so now we have no formal or semi formal attire. However, we were always allowed in to the dining rooms on formal nights - we did wear a collared shirt and long pants. Disney is pretty relaxed and friendly about formal dress. We have been on Princess Cruises and they are dictatorial about it.