Looking to book first Oceania cruise

lhsail

We have cruised extensively on mainstream cruise lines and are looking to try something different and more upscale. We have found an Oceania cruise that interests us, it’s not until late in 2021. Is there a best or better time to book, or do the OLife offers, etc. stay pretty consistent?  

Having missed the Black Friday sale, anytime is good so to lock in the cabin you may want.

You didn’t indicate which cruise you were interested in. Some cruises sell out fairly quickly and the remaining cabins will appreciate in price. Other cruises they may have sales on. 

First, find a good TA that is familiar with Oceania or an OCC Travel Agency, then go ahead and book securing your cabin.

34 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Having missed the Black Friday sale, anytime is good so to lock in the cabin you may want.

You didn’t indicate which cruise you were interested in. Some cruises sell out fairly quickly and the remaining cabins will appreciate in price. Other cruises they may have sales on. 

First, find a good TA that is familiar with Oceania or an OCC Travel Agency, then go ahead and book securing your cabin.

We are looking at the 26-day Monte Carlo to Miami on the Riviera in November 2021. We’ll be booking a balcony cabin, no suite unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, lhsail said:

We are looking at the 26-day Monte Carlo to Miami on the Riviera in November 2021. We’ll be booking a balcony cabin, no suite unfortunately. 

Starting in a verandah cabin is not unfortunate.  Especially on Riviera and Marina you may find them quite comfortable.  Sailing in a suite only leads to becoming "spoiled" and it is so hard to go back!  😉  However, do follow the advice of the others and employ an Oceania Connoisseurs Club Travel Agent.  So valuable!

The Riviera is a beautiful ship.  She should make for a memorable crossing.

35 minutes ago, KatieBelle said:

Starting in a verandah cabin is not unfortunate.  Especially on Riviera and Marina you may find them quite comfortable.  Sailing in a suite only leads to becoming "spoiled" and it is so hard to go back!  😉  However, do follow the advice of the others and employ an Oceania Connoisseurs Club Travel Agent.  So valuable!

The Riviera is a beautiful ship.  She should make for a memorable crossing.

I’m sure the verandah cabins are just fine. I find the recommendations to use a Connoisseur Club agent a bit awkward. I have an agent I’ve worked with for a while now, but when I do a search on Oceania’s website his agency does not show up so I’m guessing they are not Connoisseur. I’ve already visited with him about this cruise and it just feels wrong to take my business elsewhere now that we’re booking a more premium level cruise. 

16 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Just booked my first Oceania cruise and highly recommend this advice! Reading this forum I decided to find one of these TAs affiliated with OCC and even with the credit card foreign transaction fee (CAD-USD) the agent saved me 242 USD on a 7 day cruise in the least expensive room.  Thanks to all who strongly encouraged the TA route. Every dollar saved is one more to spend on great private shore EX in the Med ! 

5 hours ago, KB1976 said:

Just booked my first Oceania cruise and highly recommend this advice! Reading this forum I decided to find one of these TAs affiliated with OCC and even with the credit card foreign transaction fee (CAD-USD) the agent saved me 242 USD on a 7 day cruise in the least expensive room.  Thanks to all who strongly encouraged the TA route. Every dollar saved is one more to spend on great private shore EX in the Med ! 

I would get  a CC with no FTF   that  will also save you $$

We use Hometrust VISA  or I use my TD USD VISA  & pay in USD that way I can buy USD when the rate is good & use them when needed

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I would get  a CC with no FTF   that  will also save you $$

We use Hometrust VISA  or I use my TD USD VISA  & pay in USD that way I can buy USD when the rate is good & use them when needed

All excellent advice! My mom is doing the paying on this cruise however and given that it’s her card and she rarely needs USD I won’t offer it to her. My husband and I do have a USD card for just this reason. Even with the fees the deal was still better by enough to make it worthwhile to go with the agent 

On 12/13/2019 at 2:05 PM, kj55 said:

All excellent advice! My mom is doing the paying on this cruise however and given that it’s her card and she rarely needs USD I won’t offer it to her. My husband and I do have a USD card for just this reason. Even with the fees the deal was still better by enough to make it worthwhile to go with the agent 

Can you not pay in CAD?

I sometimes will just pay CAD on my VISA  & sometimes I use the  USD amount on the USD Visa

I just use the card where the price is better with the exchange rate

My TA is in the USA so she will book either Currency