Current shows on Sky Princess?

MrSchwump

5 Skies and Rock Opera

The first is based on gaming (no joke) and includes rap music, hip hop dancing and scooters.

The second is OK, but very loud and very dark, with minimal dancing.  

One of the two had a lot of aerial acts, but I can't remember which.  

Edited by GottaLuvCruising

10 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

wasn't Rock Opera … which had a lot of opera and not enough ROCK !

didn't do 5 Skies due to previous reviews … just didn't seem to be for us … but to each their own

I liked both of the production shows, 5 Skies and Rock Opera.  Now I am not a big fan of rock music, but I thought the singing and dancing were very good, and the multimedia technology was excellent.  My wife did not enjoy either one because of the volume and because she did not know any of the music before hand.

• Like 1

Music is very subjective, my DH & I were on the Sky and absolutely Loved the new shows, 5 skies and Rock Opera, but have previously never cared much for the production shows.  So we liked the change, but many that like the more production type shows were not as crazy about the new shows from what I heard from others on board.  The also do a Muppet show in the vista, that is a bit cheesy but cute, no need to ever see more than once...

Just my opinion but I'm sure others have different ones.

• Like 1

Hi, 

I attended both of the new production shows on the Sky Princess last week. I liked both shows, but preferred Rock Opera. Both shows are creative and differ from the standard production shows offered on other ships. It is obvious that Princess spent a considerable amount of money on both shows. I also went to the new Jim Henson's Inspired Silliness show in the Vista Lounge. This show was fun but unusual.

Overall, I was impressed with the Sky Princess. It is a beautiful ship.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9
  • Like 2

We really liked 5 skies, but we wondered how most of the pax would feel about it. Hubs is a long time gamer so we got it. I loved the costumes! The Jim Henson thing was not my fave. I was never much into the muppets though. I think they did a good job of providing something for everyone. 

10 hours ago, Micahs Grandad said:

That is considered the third production show. It is shown in the Vista Lounge.

We were kind of disappointed in 5 Skys. Nice special effects and staging but not thrilled with story or music

That Princess would consider the Jim Henson Silliness as a production show is a joke.  

The Sky is a beautiful ship, but we were very disappointed in the entertainment.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

That Princess would consider the Jim Henson Silliness as a production show is a joke.  

The Sky is a beautiful ship, but we were very disappointed in the entertainment.  

Henson show was funny but also didnt think it quite qualified as a production show..

Thought most of the flyons were pretty good but overall we were kind of disappointed with entertainment as well. We are booked on Enchantment and Rock Opera and 5 Skys also on that ship. Would have thought they would have something different.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 4:02 PM, GottaLuvCruising said:

5 Skies and Rock Opera

The first is based on gaming (no joke) and includes rap music, hip hop dancing and scooters.

The second is OK, but very loud and very dark, with minimal dancing.  

5 Skies had the aerial acts as well 

We saw both, really liked Rock Opera

Liked the efforts that went into 5 Skies,  but wasn't our cup of tea  (and both of us are gamers) 

We enjoyed the Henson Silliness, but wasn't quite what I expected. I'm a Muppet fan though

We enjoyed all three. Heard they are coming out with a new production sometime early next year.

Jim Henson's Silliness was different but need to remember it was something he started with in the late 50's and early 60's. 

Enjoyed both Princess Theater productions, but agree that the volume was way to high as were most of the music venues.