Pinnacle Harbor Hotel or Blue Horizon Hotel?

Kfrech

Without consideration to the quality of each hotel...

Blue Horizon is located on Robson Street which is lively corridor with retail and dining.  You walk out of the hotel and you're pretty much in the thick of things.  We've been out at midnight on a Friday or Saturday night to grab a snack at Breka (24hr bakery) down the street and the area is still fairly busy with people. 

The Pinnacle Harbourfront is in a more quieter area in its immediately vicinity.  It has a few interesting eateries nearby and close access to a (upscale) supermarket (Urban Fare) but not in concentration like on Robson Street.  However, it's only a block or two away from more active areas.  

Most of the downtown core is very walkable and the distance between the hotels isn't very far (tho showers are always a concern in the spring).  Being on Robson at Blue Horizon gives you slightly quicker access to other lively/active corridors like Denman Street, Granville Street, and Davie Street.  The Pinnacle Harbourfront will give quicker access to the waterfront/seawall, Canada Place, and Gastown.  Access to public transportation is likely a cointoss between them.  However, taxis are likely more abundant at Blue Horizon being on Robson.  Ride hailing should also be in place (hopefully around the end of this year.)  

The only thing I'll add to Milhouse's very thorough response is to double-check that you did actually mean the Pinnacle Harbourfront Hotel OP... as there are also two other Pinnacle hotels. You almost certainly didn't mean the Marriott Pinnacle (and if you did, it's only yards away from the Harbourfront so all the points above still apply) but the Pinnacle at the Pier is an entirely different ballgame as that's over the water in North Vancouver so an awful lot more hassle to get to most of the tourist sites.

Yes, I did mean the Pinnacle Harborfront hotel. 

I’m concerned that it might be a little outdated (only going by reviews on TripAdvisor). 

We’ve been to Banff and Quebec and loved the hustle and bustle of those two towns, but I also like the waterfront idea.