Shareholder benefit

NMTraveller

12 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Is there a form?  Also is there an e-mail address?  I could not find either.  The page I found was snail mail or fax.

No form required, just a copy of your statement or proxy along with a sheet giving your name, booking number, ship and date. You may redact any information, like other stocks, that isn't necessary.

Some people will respond that they have been able to email and provide an address, but officially HAL requests that all requests be sent either by fax or snail mail.

• Like 1

I used FaxZero this past Friday to submit my shareholder benefit documents to (206)501-2620 per https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit

What I submitted was a screenshot of my Schwab brokerage account, redacting all the balances and every stock/etf other than CCL and the details for my CCL holding, and overlaid onto the same page:

Full legal name
   Holland America Booking #XYZXYZ

Ship Name Departure Port DATE

Email / Phone number

I also pasted all the same info into the FaxZero cover sheet text box.

I got a reply by email Monday morning confirming receipt of my shareholder benefit ($100 OBC) to my booking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jb008 said:

I used FaxZero this past Friday to submit my shareholder benefit documents to (206)501-2620 per https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit

What I submitted was a screenshot of my Schwab brokerage account, redacting all the balances and every stock/etf other than CCL and the details for my CCL holding, and overlaid onto the same page:

Full legal name
   Holland America Booking #XYZXYZ

Ship Name Departure Port DATE

Email / Phone number

I also pasted all the same info into the FaxZero cover sheet text box.

I got a reply by email Monday morning confirming receipt of my shareholder benefit ($100 OBC) to my booking.

On FaxZero does it matter if you send it for free or pay the $2?

6 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

On FaxZero does it matter if you send it for free or pay the $2?

I did the free version.  The $2 removes the FaxZero branding from the cover sheet and lets you send more pages (I think free tops out at a cover sheet plus 3 pages of actual materials), supposedly the $2 also moves your fax to the front of FZ's queue for outgoing messages.  Free was the right price for me <shrug>

Edited by jb008
  • Like 1

OK.  I used FaxZero to fax it in last night.  How do I tell when it has been received?  Do I see it in the HAL website?  I do not know where I would see the credit.

I did fax in two for Princess cruises last night and I see the OBC on the Princess website and I can spend it on shore excursions.

Edited by NMTraveller

4 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

OK.  I used FaxZero to fax it in last night.  How do I tell when it has been received?  Do I see it in the HAL website?  I do not know where I would see the credit.

I did fax in two for Princess cruises last night and I see the OBC on the Princess website and I can spend it on shore excursions.

Credit will show up on your account page for that particular cruise.  To access, sign into your HAL account.  Once there, go to My Bookings and click on Make Payment.  The credit should show on the right-hand side of the page.

4 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Credit will show up on your account page for that particular cruise.  To access, sign into your HAL account.  Once there, go to My Bookings and click on Make Payment.  The credit should show on the right-hand side of the page.

When I do this it says booking cannot be processed.

5 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Not if you use a travel agent!

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2019 at 12:47 PM, cowmilker said:

If you use a TA, you have to get confirmation from the TA.  

ymmv

I was able to call HAL and confirm with the phone agent that my shareholder obc had been applied, even though I booked through a TA.  HAL phone agent should be able to see obc coming from the line, but may not see obc coming from the travel agency.

I use the attached as a cover sheet to my efax. I use the same form for Prince with a different address.

I sent two out on Friday afternoon and had the OBC on Friday night and Saturday Morning

A-

Proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares Sample.docx Proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares Sample.pdf

Edited by AlanF65

On 12/14/2019 at 1:47 PM, cowmilker said:

If you use a TA, you have to get confirmation from the TA.  

I have an email from World Cruise Department confirming my OBC.  That should more than suffice 😉.  No need to bother my TA 😉 

• Like 1