Arrival appointment delays

Ljp2040

Good evening guys. I need some help. Me and my parents are cruising out of Mobile Thursday on the Fantasy. They are doing work on the fresh water lines delaying everyone’s arrival appointment by one hour. We splurged for a suite though and have PRIORITY boarding with a 12 pm appointment time. We already scheduled a early shuttle and may not be able to change it. What should we do?

I don't know what Mobile is like but in Galveston when you have Priority boarding the appointment time doesn't really matter. You can check in whenever you arrive at the terminal from like 11am on and then there's a waiting room with drinks and snacks for priority guests where you wait until the ship opens for boarding and then you are the first allowed to board the ship before the main terminal boarding. So, IF the set up in Mobile is the same as Galveston and IF you don't mind the possibility of an extended delay in the cruise terminal Priority Lounge then just go like normal and chance it. Maybe you'll be able to board even with the repairs depending when and where they are taking place/ maybe not. If you are concerned about where and for how long you might have to wait then allow the additional hour and get there at 1pm.  

9 hours ago, Ljp2040 said:

Good evening guys. I need some help. Me and my parents are cruising out of Mobile Thursday on the Fantasy. They are doing work on the fresh water lines delaying everyone’s arrival appointment by one hour. We splurged for a suite though and have PRIORITY boarding with a 12 pm appointment time. We already scheduled a early shuttle and may not be able to change it. What should we do?

8 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Jason is correct.  Your Priority boarding status will allow you to board before those without once boarding begins

I could be wrong but I took the OP's question to be could they still check in at 12 PM.  Seeing that they have Priority status, yes, they can still check in at 12 PM.  They will just have to wait a little while longer before boarding starts.

Since you have priority boarding, the check in time does not apply. Keep your scheduled transportation to get to the port but be aware you may have a longer wait in the terminal. When they start boarding, they will board in this order. Wedding parties, if there are any, Diamonds, Platinums, FTTF and Suites. 

Pat

11 minutes ago, quickrate said:

Since you have priority boarding, the check in time does not apply. Keep your scheduled transportation to get to the port but be aware you may have a longer wait in the terminal. When they start boarding, they will board in this order. Wedding parties, if there are any, Diamonds, Platinums, FTTF and Suites. 

Pat

just a minor point, but Suite guests board before FTTF. I have also seen FTTF board at the same time as Diamonds at Miami, when one end of the terminal is used for boarding D&Ps and the other end of the terminal is used for boarding FTTF. 

On 12/18/2019 at 7:46 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

just a minor point, but Suite guests board before FTTF. I have also seen FTTF board at the same time as Diamonds at Miami, when one end of the terminal is used for boarding D&Ps and the other end of the terminal is used for boarding FTTF. 

In Miami, Diamond and Platinums have their own room so I am guessing you were observing the overflow area which happens when it is a popular cruise and a lot of diamond and platinums are booked.

Pat

35 minutes ago, quickrate said:

In Miami, Diamond and Platinums have their own room so I am guessing you were observing the overflow area which happens when it is a popular cruise and a lot of diamond and platinums are booked.

Pat

The last several times we have cruised out of Miami the D&P waiting area has been in seats located in the main waiting area to the right when you walk in the terminal. The FTTF seating area is to the left. More than once FTTF guests started boarding using the escalator near their seating area at the same time D&Ps were using the escalator near their seating area.  Not a big deal, just something I have noticed. 

Like you mentioned, they used to have D&Ps wait in a room off to the left when you entered the terminal area. But the three times we cruised out of Miami this year the D&P area was in the main waiting area.