Dietary accomodations on Regal Princess?

tandarosen

We'll be on the Regal Princess in a couple weeks and I was wondering if anyone with lactose intolerance can share their experience in the MDR or specialty restaurants? Were they willing to accommodate or modify any of the dishes (I've have mixed experiences on different ships)?

32 minutes ago, tandarosen said:

We'll be on the Regal Princess in a couple weeks and I was wondering if anyone with lactose intolerance can share their experience in the MDR or specialty restaurants? Were they willing to accommodate or modify any of the dishes (I've have mixed experiences on different ships)?

Contact Princess and advise them of the issue so they can notate it with the dietary department and your booking. You can do this in the personalizer/booking online.

In the booking in the first tab/summary look to the under right dietary requests.

Also once onboard talk with the Head Waiter in the restaurant you are dining in.

• Like 1

Send an email to this address,

dietaryrequest@princesscruises.com

include all of your booking information and your dietary needs they will specify exactly to whom you should address this onboard.

my husband has several restrictions, on each Princess cruise it has been a pleasure to work with the staff and my husband has enjoyed his meals immensely.

32 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Contact Princess and advise them of the issue so they can notate it with the dietary department and your booking. You can do this in the personalizer/booking online.

In the booking in the first tab/summary look to the under right dietary requests.

Also once onboard talk with the Head Waiter in the restaurant you are dining in.

Already done.  The first Princess cruise we went on was fantastic about it.  The last one which was 3 years ago wanted to serve me the same broiled chicken and steamed broccoli at every meal.  I wound up ordering off the regular menu (the item which we assumed had the least amount of dairy) and kept my fingers crossed that a Lactaid would suffice but I was really uncomfortable on a couple nights.  Keeping fingers crossed that they modify on the Regal and don't focus on one allergy-free entree every night.

4 minutes ago, tandarosen said:

Already done.  The first Princess cruise we went on was fantastic about it.  The last one which was 3 years ago wanted to serve me the same broiled chicken and steamed broccoli at every meal.  I wound up ordering off the regular menu (the item which we assumed had the least amount of dairy) and kept my fingers crossed that a Lactaid would suffice but I was really uncomfortable on a couple nights.  Keeping fingers crossed that they modify on the Regal and don't focus on one allergy-free entree every night.

On the Crown in Oct we had an excellent experience with our 15 month old grandson who has egg/wheat etc allergies.

The Head Waiter checked and had the chef make appropriate dishes for him each night.

We were on the Regal Princess last week.  The main dining room head waiter was wonderful. Every night he showed us the menu for the following day and told my husband which meals could be modified to be dairy free.  They provided him with margarine every night because he cannot tolerate butter. His only complaint was no dairy free desserts in the buffet.  Each day he asked and each day was promised there would be something the next day but it did not happen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, minniem said:

We were on the Regal Princess last week.  The main dining room head waiter was wonderful. Every night he showed us the menu for the following day and told my husband which meals could be modified to be dairy free.  They provided him with margarine every night because he cannot tolerate butter. His only complaint was no dairy free desserts in the buffet.  Each day he asked and each day was promised there would be something the next day but it did not happen.

There is always jello in the buffet.  Quite often it is in a fridge under the pastry counter and you have to ask for it. There is also lots of fresh fruit in the buffet.

• Like 1

My wife is extremely lactose intolerant.  Every evening, our head waiter  would bring the menu for the next night and help my wife make her selections. At times they would modify dishes to meet her needs. Other times they would offer things not on the menu. 

Even for the Most Traveled Passenger luncheon or cocktail party they made things special  for her.

• Like 1