Whale Watching Mid-January

heimdall

Near the start of the season, I think.  Excursions from ships may not be offered as of yet.  There are a number of local vendors who offer whale watching. Oasis Divers usually run the ship excursions.  Reach out to them and see when they are starting this year.

http://www.oasisdivers.com/eco-adventures/whale-watching-tours

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 8:50 AM, heimdall said:

Am sailing into Grand Turk on January 13th.  Is that too early to go out whale watching?  HAL doesn't appear to be offering any WW excursions on our sailing.

Thanks!

I have an excursion booked through Carnival for January 23.  It appears to be operated by Ocean Vibes, but based on their website individual bookings for HAL passengers have to be made through HAL (a common requirement for the tour operators with cruise line contracts) unless you want to charter an entire boat for $1,350.

I've seen one company that doesn't start whale watching excursions until February 1, so I think January 13 may be too early for the operators to reasonably expect sightings.  You may be able to find an independent operator running tours as early as January 13 but would be taking a chance on actual sightings.

• Like 1