Suction or magnetic wall hooks?

CRocks

We were on the Valor a couple weeks ago. I had a suction hook laying around, so decided to take it to see how it'd do. It was brand new, still in the package, so not worn out or anything. It had a single plunger (button) in the center to create the suction. I just used it to hang my hat on, so not much weight. I started out putting it on the side of the wall locker (smooth wooden surface). After a while, the suction would release. I could tell because the button would pop out. But it never let go completely. Then I tried it on the cabin wall. Same thing, the suction would release after a while, but it didn't fall. I suspect that if I left it long enough, it probably would've fallen. The final place I tried was directly on the mirror above the fridge cabinet. Once I stuck it to that, it never released. So I suspect that the wooden wall locker and the cabin wall have just enough textured surface to slowly lose suction. Your mileage may vary, but you might want to stick with magnets or 3M removable hooks.

Driving home right now after disembarking Vista.

Here is an FYI warning about magnetic hooks.  
I took brand new HEAVY DUTY magnetic hooks for the first time.

As I was opening the box, I noticed they were packaged as 2 hooks stuck back2back with a piece of thin foam between them.  I slid that foam out and BOOM they clamped together again with the tip of my finger caught between.  OUCH!  It hurt and bled.  Had to wear a bandaid for the first day of the cruise.

BE CAREFUL!

50 minutes ago, CarolSW said:

Driving home right now after disembarking Vista.

Here is an FYI warning about magnetic hooks.  
I took brand new HEAVY DUTY magnetic hooks for the first time.

As I was opening the box, I noticed they were packaged as 2 hooks stuck back2back with a piece of thin foam between them.  I slid that foam out and BOOM they clamped together again with the tip of my finger caught between.  OUCH!  It hurt and bled.  Had to wear a bandaid for the first day of the cruise.

BE CAREFUL!

Ouch!