Celebrity Reflection specialty restaurants all $70 no packages available Christmas cruise

beltsbear

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

It costs more to travel around the Holiday season...I assumed this was common knowledge

The cruise costs more. But I have been on celebrity Christmas week before and the specialty restaurants were not jacked in price on any night except Christmas Eve. This is every day 20-27. 

• Thanks 1

We were fortunate as I snagged a two dinner and one lunch package for $100 pp for reflection Christmas cruise. I came across it about three months ago and didn’t hesitate. And the prices are rather steep as last year same ship/time were $55 for all venues.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jelayne said:

Not unusual to have restaurants raise prices for the holidays.  The higher end restaurants around the city all have higher prices and “holiday” menus during Christmas and New Years.  Airlines and hotels/resorts also raise prices at the holidays, simply supply and demand. 

It is just another money grab from X.  I remember paying extra for our Christmas Eve dinner two years ago on X, but had the specialty dining package the rest of the cruise.   Now this keeps on getting more expensive.  Time to look at some of the luxury lines.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, deliver42 said:

As long as people are buying at that price, it will stand, but if people don't book, then the price will fall. Just don't bet on that happening.

Exactly, people moan at the regular price yet plenty of people are willing to pay for the upgraded service. Murano on our cruise in September looked to be full every night we dined there. If it’s not for the individual walk on, no one is being forced to dine in speciality restaurants.

Edited by yorky

On 12/20/2019 at 6:13 PM, cyntil8ing said:

We booked Fine Cut Steakhouse on Edge for Christmas night right after we booked the cruise. It was the normal $55 price.

About a month ago, I wanted to change our dining time, but found the price had risen to $70 and it was now a special holiday menu. I kept my original booking. Not sure which menu we will get.

The holiday menu is available in the Celebrity app, but I don't have my phone available right now. I'll try to post it later.

Following up to this. We had the regular menu on Christmas night. It was a wonderful experience. Here is the special wine paired menu from the app.

9F4EB7F4-9531-4003-9A74-D524BA8455B8.jpeg

94AA643C-50DD-4054-B00C-C5FD4DCBE36E.jpeg

4BA745A0-3203-485E-A33C-110C351DF597.jpeg

AF3A1604-9879-4C0E-A1C3-A338D92DA565.jpeg

3777F150-C5C3-47FA-A236-7CF8CF279EE9.jpeg

Was the special menu an option on Christmas night? Or was it shown in the app but they didn't do it? A bit confused by what was actually offered.

Am booked for Tuscan as our only specialty dining on Christmas Day next year, on the Constellation. $70 pp

@DebInAntigua,

We are currently on a 12 night Christmas/NYE cruise aboard Solstice out of Sydney. 

I saw $60-70 pp for specialty dining for our cruise as well. And I saw $120 pp for Christmas Eve and NYE which involved a special menu. 

What I can tell you is that on several occasions when Celebrity ran a sale for shore excursions, etc on our Cruise Planner, they would offer a 2 dinners + lunch dining package for $100 pp which we ended up buying.

Edited by mahdnc

Two years ago on Reflection we paid $50 up charge for Murano on Xmas Day. It was wonderful and I had hoped to do it again. But this year, the special Xmas menu was $119 and was on Xmas Eve, while Xmas day was $70. We did not do it, and actually I thought the main dining room food every night this year was so much better than 2 years ago, so we were quite happy.