Was it ever meant to be??? Thoughts on Hawaii

RTR 21-0

Booked Mardi Gras for next October out of PC when bookings opened earlier in the year.  Itinerary great - 8 day to Eastern Carib to islands we hadn't visited since our 1st sailing on Sensation in '97. Husband decides to do a throw back 5 day cruise on Sensation before the Mardi Gras sailing (even booked same cabin - awe how romantic).  Great itinerary - Cuba including Key West.  Nope, Pres. Trump cancelled that so Carnival changed to islands we already visited & added ones that were going to be duplicated on Mardi Gras.  No biggie.  Now the cancellation of the October sailing on Mardi Gras and I'm thinking someone is trying to tell us something about that October trip.  :classic_unsure:   What I don't get is since this will be a brand new ship, why aren't there more 8 day or longer sailings and to the Eastern Carib?  I only saw one online and it's for Dec. 2021!  Person I spoke with on phone said keep checking back but unlikely more 8 days or Eastern with the St. Thomas stop would be added.

So we're going back to the drawing board since his vacation is already blocked out and looking at a 15 day Hawaii out of San Diego on the Miracle.  Looking for anyone who has sailed to Hawaii during October or recently on the Miracle.  I've found some on the Hawaii  board.  We've never sailed with 8 sea days and I'm looking more for information on that.  I'm sure we can fill our time but I know after 7 or 8 day sailings sometime our thought is ok now what. 

Thanks for letting me rant for a bit about the Mardi Gras and for any input on Hawaii.

• Like 1

Interesting question.  Looking forward to folks input.

We've booked a 16 day Hawaii cruise on the Miracle out of San Francisco.  10 sea days total and 6 ports.  We will be sailing this ship 3 times in 2020... May, June, and September.  We loved her sister ship, the Carnival Pride, which we sailed twice.  My cousin just sailed a 15 day Hawaiian cruise on Princess out of San Francisco.  She enjoyed it a lot.

I recently sailed on the Splendor TP in October, and we made 2 stops in Hawaii. A lot of people didn’t really want to sail the TP, because there were so many sea days (18 total). I personally love sea days. They will have lots of activities on the ship, and will probably have a couple of lecturers. I would also bring things you enjoy doing, which I did. Loaded up e-books, downloaded tv shows and movies, etc.

The first day at sea was a bit chilly, as will the day before you return. After that, it was warm. There was some rain when we got to Maui and Oahu, but that is hard to predict. It was humid. 

A lot of folks will say that to do Hawaii, you should do a land tour. I disagree. I think a cruise is a great way to get a sampling of the islands, and if you really love one or two, you can always go back for a land vacation.

Enjoy!

We did this cruise out of Long Beach in 2015 and enjoyed it so much that we're doing a repeat out of San Diego in Nov., 2020. If you'd like to see a little of what it's like aboard the Miracle all those sea days----check out our "album". If you'd like to see any picture larger, click on it.

HAWAIIAN CRUISE 2015

Since you have 15 days, would it be possible to fly and make this a land vacation? Fly over and visit 2 islands? We've never cruised to the Hawaiian Islands. Which would be a great vacation in the future! But, we have visited 4 islands, Kauai being our most visited & favorite. 

Just an idea .....

🏝🏝

Bobbi

Thanks everyone for the replies, reviews & photos!  From some of the pics, the Miracle reminds me a little of the Sensation which we still say is our fav ship (even after cruising the Horizon in all her beautiful glory).  

The cabin we we have on hold is balcony, port side.  For this particular cruise for those that took it, do y’all remember if you were docked facing port?  Some we’ve taken & booked port but not port side when docking.  Just curious.  

All in all i’m over my Mardi Gras disappointment and choosing to chalk it up to a not meant to be vacay at this time in life and remind myself I’m blessed to be able to even take a vacay with my hon bun wherever the road or sea takes us.  😉

• Like 1

I try and do that cruise once a year. The weather should be good in October, however you never know when Mother Nature calls.

I love the Miracle. She's the perfect size ship for me.

Great entertainment and food.

I was just on her this past October to Hawaii and the weather was super nice.