Long Term (4 days) Storage Facilities in Ushuaia ?

onyx007

End of January I will go on an 2-week overland tour through Patagonia, starting and ending in Buenos Aires.

The last place before I'll go back to Buenos Aires will be Ushuaia and after that tour I will return to Ushuaia to board a three-week cruise to Antarctica.

Now, I'm worried about the 15kg-baggage-limit on the domestic Argentinian flights. I can leave some stuff behind in

the hotel in Buenos Aires; but so far I have not found anything to do the same in Ushuaia (the hotel I'm staying has no storage).

So does somebody know for sure any kind of storage facility in Ushuaia, where I could leave a small bag for about 4 days ?

If there is nothing of that sort I really have to pack light...

You might also try asking on the Antarctic Adventures forum on TripAdvisor. There are several posters who have spent a fair bit of time in Ushuaia, so they might have some ideas.

I can’t think of anywhere other than the larger hotels in town. Maybe your cruise/expedition company can offer suggestions? Some of them have agreements with local facilities to store luggage on embarkation/disembarkation days, so they might be able to extend that.

The cruise company (G-Adventures) and the hotel cannot help; but the hotel directed me to the tourist office and they gave me the help that I needed. It looks like there are two travel agencies offering storage in town. From one I got already the answer, that it will cost me 10 U$ a day to store a bag, which probably will still be cheaper than paying overwight on a flight.

For other people with the same problem I post below the information, so that they might not have to do a such a big research as I had to do:

These Travel Agencies located in the centre of Ushuaia offer luggage storage for travelers:

DISFRUTANDO VIAJES:
Address: 230, Roca St.

TOLKEYEN PATAGONIA:
Address: 409, San Martín St.

• 2 months later...

I'm back from Argentina and can tell you the following;

I could finally leave (with help from my tour guide) a small bag at the (more posher) hotel I stayed with the tour.

But what I heard that the fee for overwight luggage on Aerolinas Argentinas Domestic Flights is not that expensive.

Better book with LATAM if you have the choice, as they have not 15 but the "normal" 23 kg restriction...