Marella Discovery Itinerary Change. Colours of the Far East (Merged threads).

Where did you find out Limassol is closed to cruise ships. Yesterday I found a list of ports not accepting ships, but can't find the list again. I just stumbled on it by accident, in the roll call I think. Sweby

1 minute ago, Calton said:

We are due to board the discovery on 16th April, in Muscat. Had nothing from Marella yet. It isn't looking promising !!!

The situation is changing everyday, I'd imagine they can only wait until it gets to a point of no return, so to speak. It must be a nightmare for cruise company's. I also wonder what happens with all crew.

9 hours ago, Vitalsign said:

Dubai 9th/10th April have not been cancelled as yet Muscat is the week after We get on in Dubai and our friends the week after and we haven't heard anything either

We get on in Muscat and our friends in Dubai with you. I can’t see how either cruise can go ahead given Dubai isn’t allowing ships that have visited Asian ports in. Royal Caribbean have dropped all Oman ports from their repositioning cruise from Dubai to Europe due to Oman only allowing ships in on a case by case basis.

Surely discovery would not make the journey across to Dubai if they knew they might not be allowed to dock?  I just don’t want them to keep us waiting until the last minute when it looks pretty doubtful at this stage that either cruise will go ahead?

Just seen on the RCI board that Jewel of the seas which started its middle east to Europe amended repositioning cruise headed out from Dubai but ended back there last night as Abu Dhabi and Sri Bani Yas closed their ports to cruise ships.  They are cancelling the cruise due to an absence of ports to call at. Unfortunately they have two ill people who have been quarantined and being tested.  Hope neither are positive or this is going to be Diamond/Grand Princess all over again.

Just can’t imagine Tui are going to try and restart Discovery’s cruises from 9th April from Dubai. Hope they decide soon.

7 hours ago, kevinyork said:

Just seen on the RCI board that Jewel of the seas which started its middle east to Europe amended repositioning cruise headed out from Dubai but ended back there last night as Abu Dhabi and Sri Bani Yas closed their ports to cruise ships.  They are cancelling the cruise due to an absence of ports to call at. Unfortunately they have two ill people who have been quarantined and being tested.  Hope neither are positive or this is going to be Diamond/Grand Princess all over again.

Just can’t imagine Tui are going to try and restart Discovery’s cruises from 9th April from Dubai. Hope they decide soon.

I get the feeling the whole thing is going to get rapidly worse...

On 3/9/2020 at 7:11 AM, kevinyork said:

In addition to the Asia port closures, India has banned cruise ships and now the UAE have done the same so I can’t see how Discovery can reposition from Asia with any port stops or see how passengers could board or disembark

looks like Discovery is at Koh Samui today.

I went into tui store yesterday afternoon and discussed booking an alternative to my cancelled sailing on discovery and they encouraged me to rebook then and there (or loose £400 'incentive'), when i asked them to hold it for 24 so I could speak to my other half they said I can book any time until 31st March and get the incentive. No mention what so ever about marella cancelling everything! But I did get my refund processed

1 hour ago, Southendweather said:

looks like Discovery is at Koh Samui today.

Yes someone onboard posted on Facebook to say they are being flown home tomorrow and Saturday.  Hope they know about the NHS advice re Coronavirus since they visited Singapore the other day.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the last flight home from Thailand on the Saturday morning .We arrived home to Birmingham airport to no checks or hand wash and mixed with an emerates flight from who knows where. We have decided to self isolate for 14 days and not see my elderly parents or our grandchildren. We did have a lovely 9 days on board and received a full refund but missed out on most of the places we wanted to see

Agree.

When it all started in January, we were breathing a sigh of relief that we were back. Good that Marella and passengers continued so long without any problems 😀. But it had to stop eventually.

After several day parked off Singapore, Disco is now heading NW. I guess to Europe since nothing on the repo is going to work out.

Just so grateful to captain Chris and all the crew that got us safely home . Reading about the 10 cruise ships around the world that no country will let land makes us thankful that we were on the discovery and Tui made a quick decision to fly us home on the repatriation flights

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Melaura said:

Just so grateful to captain Chris and all the crew that got us safely home . Reading about the 10 cruise ships around the world that no country will let land makes us thankful that we were on the discovery and Tui made a quick decision to fly us home on the repatriation flights

I cheekily posted an edited version of your post on Twitter with the the Hashtags #Marella #TUI as I'm sure we all agree we want to see them come out the other end of this in tact.

And yes, I still look every day..

*Asia 'Enchanting Far East Cruise' weather overview*    

26th March 2020              

Max °C Min °C Rain (mm) Bar(mb) Trend Hum% Wind (mph) Weather Location
36.4 26.2 - 1011.2 F 50 W 7 * Laem Chabang(81m)
35.3 27.3 - 1010.7 F 55 SE 3 Haze Bangkok Metropolis(3m)
30.7 27.9 - 1009.1 F 35 SW 4 Haze Ko Samui(7m)
33.8 26.0 - 1010.0 Fs 70 SW 6 Cloud Decr Langkawi(8m)
33.7 26.4 0.2 1009.6 F 64 W 6 Thndr Penang(4m)
36.3 25.0 1.0 1008.9 F 49 SE 3 Haze Kuala Lumpur(27m)
34.9 25.1 0.2 1009.7 * 52 E 6 Haze Malacca(9m)
33.4 26.4 - 1009.8 * 59 NE 9 Haze Singapore(22m)
33.5 26.0 - 1010.2 F 56 SE 6 * Ho Chi Minh City-Nha Be(2m)

Keith (Southend)