Marella Discovery Itinerary Change. Colours of the Far East (Merged threads).

6 minutes ago, kevinyork said:

I wonder if that would be the same as our FCO advising this which would trigger people’s travel insurance to allow them to cancel. 

Don't know but it would probably mean US ships sailing half empty so their summer season is effectively finished.

I see Discovery is now east of Singapore heading SE at 9 knots. They are looking at a port that will accept them with an appropriate airport. This could be Australia?

'Discoverys current sailing' is now officially cancelled on Tui website. 

I seriously object to them saying they are in contact with all those affected!

I know now is not a time to be moaning about wordings but they certainly haven't been in contact with me.

Although from what I have seen, those currently aboard are mostly relatively happy and trying to enjoy what they can of the holiday before they come home.

Thankyou very much KevinYork

Strange it was Celebrity cruises who released this info on the UAE and there are 6 ships in port today in Dubai and 2 in Abu Dhabi 

I'll check the UAE gov website

We are supposed to fly there 10th April

2 hours ago, Vitalsign said:

Thankyou very much KevinYork

Strange it was Celebrity cruises who released this info on the UAE and there are 6 ships in port today in Dubai and 2 in Abu Dhabi 

I'll check the UAE gov website

We are supposed to fly there 10th April

On the RCI boards they are discussing the Jewel which leaves Dubai today for the Med.  People are saying Dubai won’t let in ships from Asia. The Jewel has dropped all Oman ports and added some Eastern Med ones but unfortunately for them it now terminates in Athens not Rome.  Not great for those with flights home from Rome.

We were due to sail on Discovery boarding at Oman.  They have pulled the Journey to Arabia (from India to Dubai) cruise from their site but the next one and then our cruise is still advertised.  I’m pretty sure ours will be cancelled and they are just working through it.

7 hours ago, Lil_Gem said:

'Discoverys current sailing' is now officially cancelled on Tui website. 

This link posted by rkingphoto on the corona-virus thread states that all future Asia sailings are also cancelled (see para 4). Problem is, I can't see this statement by Marella on their web page ????
image.png.5cd9dab8b671c58af3a240857782a5

Edited by MrSilversurf

15 minutes ago, MrSilversurf said:

This link posted by rkingphoto on the corona-virus thread states that all future Asia sailings are also cancelled (see para 4). Problem is, I can't see this statement by Marella on their web page ????

You get to it by clicking the travel information link at the top of the cruises web page - then there are a number of travel alerts, one of which is today's marella statement. However the  time-stamp is 16:38 today - so hardly prompt.

3 hours ago, Lil_Gem said:

yep, they were supposed to be docking in Singapore tonight or tomorrow morning (heard different things!) hopefully they havent been denied entry and are just delayed

Looks like now heading to Singapore followed by Costa Fortuna (which was doing loops with Discovery).

So ends an eventful season for Marella Discovery in the Far East with fire/propulsion problems and now closed ports.

We went out on Christmas Day to Thailand and missed Malacca and Koh Samui because of propulsion problems. Originally concerned/disappointed but easily compensated by late departure from Singapore so we saw the Gardens by the Bay sound and light show. We feel we chose brilliant excursions for Thailand, Vietnam, Langkawi, Penang and Kuala Lumpur and hence had a wonderful time. Now you can't get to many of those places 😢.

So glad we decided to go (booked end of November despite misgivings of OH) since when will it be available in the future? We got back to UK 9th January just as the virus problem kicked off. During the cruise there were no screenings for temperature, etc - yes we were VERY lucky with the timing but had no idea what was coming.

10 hours ago, idh2019 said:

Looks like now heading to Singapore followed by Costa Fortuna (which was doing loops with Discovery).

So ends an eventful season for Marella Discovery in the Far East with fire/propulsion problems and now closed ports.

We went out on Christmas Day to Thailand and missed Malacca and Koh Samui because of propulsion problems. Originally concerned/disappointed but easily compensated by late departure from Singapore so we saw the Gardens by the Bay sound and light show. We feel we chose brilliant excursions for Thailand, Vietnam, Langkawi, Penang and Kuala Lumpur and hence had a wonderful time. Now you can't get to many of those places 😢.

So glad we decided to go (booked end of November despite misgivings of OH) since when will it be available in the future? We got back to UK 9th January just as the virus problem kicked off. During the cruise there were no screenings for temperature, etc - yes we were VERY lucky with the timing but had no idea what was coming.

We consider ourselves extremely lucky, we did Malacca and just missed Cambodia, had we gone a week later we’d be stuck with the current passengers. We had a most wonderful cruise, so so lucky...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Margaret Rees said:

Looks like Discovery is on way to Koh Samui ? ? Anyone have any info ?

I notice it had been docked in Singapore so assumed they were off loading the Langkawi passengers to board the 3 Dreamliners. It may now be heading for Bangkok to off load the rest. I haven't heard that Thailand have stopped cruiseships yet. Just my thoughts, but I don't know. So it looks like Singapore came to the rescue with a number of ships for repatriation back to Europe after Malaysia shut their doors leaving everyone in the lurch!

Edited by Southendweather

Just now, Southendweather said:

As in Mediterranean and Caribbean as well?

Just quoting what the poster said, that Marella we’re stopping all cruises and when pushed she read the internal memo out to him which said “all”.

“Here’s the post on the other thread from jono75

Just been on the phone to Marella trying trying to wangle a free upgrade considering the top cabin is now more than the price I've paid for a standard outside, to no avail.  However, the girl on the phone said they had had a notice today that all Marella cruises are being stopped.  I asked her if she was sure it was all of them and not just the Asian ones, she read her notice again and it says all.

Not confirmed it any other way yet and can still see cruises on the website currently”.

• Thanks 1

Spotted that Discovery left Singapore at 10pm local time. Then headed east but not sure it has time to call at Koh Samui. Original itineray was to leave Singapore Monday at 1900h, stop at Koh Samui on Wednesday and then on to Laem Chebang for Thursday. They are a day behind leaving Singapore.

No TUI Dreamliners have been to Singapore, not least because they are busy on their normal routes taking Scandinavians or Brits on their holidays (I checked on Flight Radar).

The Dreamliner schedule for Laem Chebang was two on Thursday and one on Friday. They may have to figure out how to run three on each day to get everyone back

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, idh2019 said:

Spotted that Discovery left Singapore at 10pm local time. Then headed east but not sure it has time to call at Koh Samui. Original itineray was to leave Singapore Monday at 1900h, stop at Koh Samui on Wednesday and then on to Laem Chebang for Thursday. They are a day behind leaving Singapore.

No TUI Dreamliners have been to Singapore, not least because they are busy on their normal routes taking Scandinavians or Brits on their holidays (I checked on Flight Radar).

The Dreamliner schedule for Laem Chebang was two on Thursday and one on Friday. They may have to figure out how to run three on each day to get everyone back

I feel TUI/Marella will do everything expected of them and can only be given credit for that. This situation is unheard of before.

As the passengers have now visited Singapore and maybe Thailand next, and both are on the NHS risk list, are they going to have to self isolate on their return.  Won’t be a great way to spend the time you should have been onboard enjoying your holiday.  Have to say though, it was a mistake flying people out on Thursday when port by port in that region was shutting down. 

Just been on the phone to Marella trying trying to wangle a free upgrade considering the top cabin is now more than the price I've paid for a standard outside, to no avail.  However, the girl on the phone said they had had a notice today that all Marella cruises are being stopped.  I asked her if she was sure it was all of them and not just the Asian ones, she read her notice again and it says all.

Just been on Travel Alerts on the TUI Website and their update today says only Discovery cruises cancelled until she reaches Dubai NO other cruises cancelled (as yet)