Blackberry

ACANADIANMAN

Took mine on the Sea Princess Jan 14-28th.

About 2 hours out of Lauderdale signal is lost.

Now I am with Bell so that may be the issue. Rogers I think might work.

Phone calls would have roaming charges but e-mail no charge for time.

Curious on your finding though so keep us posted...

Mine worked in the Western Caribbean in Mexico & Belize, and while cruising off the coast of the Yucatan, but quick working in the middle of the Gulf. It has also worked in England and Holland, and a co-worker told me hers worked in Israel.

I have T-Mobile.

Turn it on when you get there and see...

I brought my blackberry with me on my 1/8 sailing in the W. Caribbean and I didn't have a signal the whole damn time. Don't know what I was thinking bringing it with me, either - it was bliss, too - no temptation to read email or have to take a phone call. First time that I was truly relaxed in years. :p

My carrier is Verizon.

Got to agree with bdwyer - this is vacation! Of course with the Blackberry lawsuit threatening to shut them all down there may not be a problem.

Ahh, that is a US lawsuit. The Canadian ones will still work. Even if we were to come down to the US with it and your provider that we connect to supports data (because the data is raw until it comes to our server in Canada) it will work there too :) I read about this during this week, I hope it's current info.

Really, I wouldn't bring it with me. In fact work tried to give me one and I am fighting the fight. I don't want to be available everywhere. I could see the boss now "I e-mailed you last night at 8:30, why didn't you answer me".... "Uhh, I was on the toilet!"

Scary thought :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived