Edge "Obstructed" IV Balconies

helen haywood

I've only sailed Edge once and we were on the hump on Deck 8 in an E1 cabin.  What is the "obstruction" really like on Deck 6 in an E3 cabin?  I know it is over the lifeboats...but if I am not standing up looking out of the window, how much does the lifeboat deck obscure your view?  I'm familiar with the obstructed cabins on S Class but this is a different kettle of fish....

I think the photo above for 6234 should be similar to 6257. You see the top of a lifeboat or tender. The tenders are a bit taller so might impact view some. The complaint for some, early on, before these cabins were listed as obstructed.... was that if you sat on the veranada and looked below the rail..it impacted the view.  However, I personally have not issue with these 10% obstructed cabins. Now I believe the cabin next to 6257... 6255... is listed as 50% obstructed. That likely has a lifeboat davit, the structure that secures the lifeboat... that sits taller and is not attractive. But again, it does not rise above the railing. The only problem is that these obstructions impact your photos of the cabin... more than the view.  So if you really don't mind having to stand at the rail to have an unobstructed view... these cabins are less expensive. Now the obstructed cabins that would bother me are the ones next to the MC.... this part of the ship sticks out some 12 feet or so... so your view to the right or left is much more restricted than a lifeboat roof.

• Like 1

I am attaching link to the cabin reviews. For person wondering about 6257... look at the photos for 8299. There is one that looks towards the bow.... there you can see the first set of lifeboats... The davit shown would be the one impacting 6255 and the white structure next to it... is likely why 6257 is considered 10% obstructed. I am comparing deck plan for 6 vs 5... but I think I am correct. If you scroll down to 6243... you will see what how the davit can impact the view ... below the railing of a deck 6 cabin.

scroll down to 8299 and 6243

• Like 1