Amazing Race in Cozumel

Icecoldcranberry

Wow.  Offered through Royal Caribbean now?  We booked it independent and had a blast.  We are 50 somethings and lost out to a young couple from San Antonio.  Boys would have a blast.  I wouldn't go any younger than that.  The worst part was transportation to and from the ship and doing the transportation alone in a foreign country.

9 minutes ago, markpark said:

Wow.  Offered through Royal Caribbean now?  We booked it independent and had a blast.  We are 50 somethings and lost out to a young couple from San Antonio.  Boys would have a blast.  I wouldn't go any younger than that.  The worst part was transportation to and from the ship and doing the transportation alone in a foreign country.

what was wrong with transportation? 

I thought you just met in town for it? Doesn’t the race put you in a taxi back?

Edited by c-leg5

Taxis are easy and well regulated on Cozumel, especially compared to the crooks in Philly!  Fares to most popular tourist attractions are posted in dollars on a board near the taxi line for your pier. Transportation should not be your worry.

12 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

what was wrong with transportation? 

I thought you just met in town for it? Doesn’t the race put you in a taxi back?

I'm making an assumption that Royal Caribbean is contracting transportation of it is their excursion.  This would be an added convenience.  I think Amazing Race personnel did ask about calling us a taxi but we chose to walk along the waterfront a little while before hailing one ourselves.

We did it independently and had a blast. We are not spring chickens either, Yes, we came in last, but not by much. You get lunch at the end and everyone gets a participation prize. Make sure you have lots of fluids because it does get hot. Taxis were really easy. We did have to remind them about departure time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 1:26 PM, Icecoldcranberry said:

Has anyone done the Amazing Race excursion in Cozumel (specifically the one offered through Royal Caribbean)? If yes, is it worth it? Would it be fun for boys ages 9 and 11 years old? What about for my husband and I?

We did this through Royal Caribbean about 6 years ago.  Our kids were just a bit older then yours at the time and we all had a blast.  You can be as competitive or as non-competitive as you like.  We found it to be really well organized and after 10 cruises my kids still rate this as one of their top excursions ever.

• Like 1