Any Worldies Blogging?

ToxM

If you are lucky enough to be going on the 2020 WC - and are by chance blogging, please do post the url here so we can share your lovely travels with you 🙂

Or maybe start a thread on here 🙂

Last weekend hubby surprised me by agreeing to a world cruise in the future so I am of course now in full planning mode 🙂

• Like 2

I have never done a blog in my life but do intend to do a journal of the World Cruise.  I do not sign up to the internet on board as it is so expensive but will try to post when I can get free wifi.  At the moment have sorted house insurance for 99 nights I live in a retirement apartment so only need worry about contents and have been charged £3.92😀 My sister will check on the apartment and deal with post weekly and our lodge manager will take over when she is away.  Bonus to this is I will not have 3 months junk mail to sort.  All visas applied for I already had the ESTA for USA as I have been there twice this year.  

The packing is a challenge I had to buy a new suitcase as Cunard broke the wheel off one in November.  As I have a cover to make it easily identifiable in the luggage hall (came off Arcadia Jan 19 from a 4 week trip to Caribbean over Christmas and took 45 minutes to find one of my black cases) I did not notice until I got home.  My bad but that was the end of my worse cruise ever.  At least with a self service laundry onboard I do not need more clothes than a 28 day trip so 2 suitcases and a large roller holdall should suffice.  Am take laundry soap pods as they ran out in the shop on Ventura.  Kindle loaded with books and IPad with music, knitting needles and wool to make scarfs, Watercolour supplies if room is available.

Have booked excursions I really want in case they sell out but unfortunately on waitlist for Pearl Harbour.

Washing and ironing done now just check off the list and pack.

Hope I have not forgotten anything.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Clipper Chick said:

I have never done a blog in my life but do intend to do a journal of the World Cruise.  I do not sign up to the internet on board as it is so expensive but will try to post when I can get free wifi.  At the moment have sorted house insurance for 99 nights I live in a retirement apartment so only need worry about contents and have been charged £3.92😀 My sister will check on the apartment and deal with post weekly and our lodge manager will take over when she is away.  Bonus to this is I will not have 3 months junk mail to sort.  All visas applied for I already had the ESTA for USA as I have been there twice this year.  

The packing is a challenge I had to buy a new suitcase as Cunard broke the wheel off one in November.  As I have a cover to make it easily identifiable in the luggage hall (came off Arcadia Jan 19 from a 4 week trip to Caribbean over Christmas and took 45 minutes to find one of my black cases) I did not notice until I got home.  My bad but that was the end of my worse cruise ever.  At least with a self service laundry onboard I do not need more clothes than a 28 day trip so 2 suitcases and a large roller holdall should suffice.  Am take laundry soap pods as they ran out in the shop on Ventura.  Kindle loaded with books and IPad with music, knitting needles and wool to make scarfs, Watercolour supplies if room is available.

Have booked excursions I really want in case they sell out but unfortunately on waitlist for Pearl Harbour.

Looking forward to reading about your travels - 

hope you enjoy your journey very much. Lucky you!

17 hours ago, Clipper Chick said:

I am really looking forward to reading about your adventures!

19 hours ago, phillipahain said:

.You can simply get on a bus and go yourself ...no need for a tour 

Even better.It's 12 years since we went and it was part of an island all day tour.Don't know if a slot is required for the Arizona.