Victoria to Southampton via national express coach

I read that traffic could be bad on Saturday mornings. Trying to determine which time to prebook either 8 am or 9 am. I d prefer 9 am, but is that not a good idea for a Saturday morning in early July ?

also, thoughts on reserving specific seats? Soecifically wondering if the buses are generally full?

Yes, on a summer saturday morning, traffic out of London heading for the south coast beaches can be very heavy with some nose-to-tail parts.

So yes, it can screw-up coach timetables.

But the 9am coach is scheduled to arrive at Southampton coach station at 11.15am, and heavy saturday traffic would add no more than 2 hours, probably a lot less. I'm guessing your latest registration time at the cruise terminal will be 3pm or later, so I don't see a problem.

You certainly need to pre-book in case the coach books-out, they don't over-book and pre-booking guarantees there'll be seats for you.

Selecting specific seats is a matter of personal preference, but only costs a couple of pounds extra and guarantees you can sit together. I think only the first few rows are pre-bookable, and that's the best place to be.

JB :classic_smile:

We've never paid extra to reserve seats. When we took the National Express coach this past September, I chose the 9 a.m. departure. It arrived a few minutes early. The funny thing is that the company had somehow experienced a software glitch. There were two couples who had reserved the same seats. The driver let the ones who got on second know that they could ask for a refund for the extra fee they had paid.

I booked in July for our September cruise.