Queen Mary 2 or Queen Victoria for World Cruise?

LewiLewi

We have been on the Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria for a full World Cruise in 2017 and 2019, and have enjoyed both.

We have sailed on the Queen Mary several times, but not on the World Cruise. We are trying to decide whether to book a World Cruise on the Queen Victoria or the Queen Mary 2 for the 2021 full World Cruise. 
There are things we prefer on the QV like buffet area, ease of getting around the ship, card room, location of the Queens Room, etc.

However, the itinerary and the price of the QM2 is also a consideration.

We would like fellow Cunard cruisers opinions.

We have sailed in PG on both several times. QV has an intimacy that is lacking on QM2, however the PG cabins are much better on the QM2.
I think QM2 was designed as an transatlantic liner and is absolutely superb in that role but QV would be my choice for a world cruise.

I’m sure you will have an amazing experience whichever you choose! Bon voyage!

One consideration is the actual world cruise. QM2 doesn't do a circumnavigation as she is still to tall to go under the bridge of the Americas even though she can fit in the new Panama Canal, so she goes East from NYC, South to Africa and east the the far seas and back. Whereas the Queen Victoria can, and can make a true circumnavigation. 

We did the 2018 WC on the QE, and, although we have done many crossings on the QM2, we loved the intimacy of the QE.  It just my opinion, but I think the QE ( and, since they are so similar, the QV) is a much prettier ship.

Ricki

• Like 1